Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still think we're better off without ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I recall correctly, once the damages trial is over and a damage award set, that cost will be covered by ALPA's underwriter. Not that the cost won't ultimately won't be passed on, but not by direct assessment.

jetBlue votes in ALPA followed by TWA pilots lawsuit wins followed by 3-5% assessment.

Edit: off topic an excellent NFL Network documentary on Tom Landry on now.

Back on topic. When has ALPA ever assessed anyone for any legal case? Answer: Never. Not once in 80 years. It gets sued all the time, but so does jetblue. $85 Million in liquid assets, with insurance and reinsurance is plenty to cover any eventual settlement.

Your company hacks lied to you. They (Sandman) said it was a $4.5 billion deal, AMR/TWA, the reality was there were only $500,000 in assets left from the TWA carcass in the end. Reality and Sandman speak are not on the same track.

From insurance to ALPA we're not dealing with the sharpest tool in the shed.

Perfect analogy, you need $5,000,000 for an effective start-up. AirTran and Jazz both had access to ALPA's MCF after certification, and B6 would have as well with a similar pilot size.

Would you be willing to be assessed $2,000 individually for an in-house start up? How would the in house fare against a hostile kicked in the teeth management team? What resources would it have? How much would renting professional services from ALPA cost? How much would that assessment be?

Don't fool yourself, the last election was won by a greedy management team intent on keeping you unrepresented so they can keep the revenue for themselves and keep you in a blue fog, anticipating anticipation, and nothing else. ALPA would've been a monetary game changer for them now and they just got a 2 year reprieve from it, and very large bonuses for the delay.

Back on topic. When has ALPA ever assessed anyone for any legal case? Answer: Never. Not once in 80 years. It gets sued all the time, but so does jetblue. $85 Million in liquid assets, with insurance and reinsurance is plenty to cover any eventual settlement.

Your company hacks lied to you. They (Sandman) said it was a $4.5 billion deal, AMR/TWA, the reality was there were only $500,000 in assets left from the TWA carcass in the end. Reality and Sandman speak are not on the same track.

I agree with you there. For too many JB folks the only information they had was what the company was feeding them. I'm sure ALPA's insurance policy is massive. I wouldn't expect to see much, if any, assessment.

I was just hoping. But sure a large insurance payout wouldn't jack up their rates. I think TWA pilots are asking for a lot more than $85 million (I think it starts with a b). I guess the hacks lied but ALPA destroyed documents, etc. Whose the one acting guilty?

The only things the folks in Herndon care about is the folks in Herndon.

Secondly, even at 5%, the JetBlue pilot group, considering the many areas where we are trailing our peers, would still probably come out ahead and we would have seat at the big boys table when our contract is discussed.

What recent ALPA home run are you using as evidence here? Would that be fatboy rolling over directly against the membership on age 65 costing EVERY FO thousands in potential earnings? In terms of real dollars are contracts even to where they were 10 years ago? How about that current oaf running the FAA cow tailing to the ATA on the latest ATP requirement being cut in half? That outstanding negotiating team really got a TA done over at AAI?!

The only truth in your statement is the last sentence except you forgot "and discussed and discussed and discussed and discussed and discussed....."

But hey I heard ALPA bought some cheap Greek bonds, so they've got that going for them......

Last edited:
What recent ALPA home run are you using as evidence here?

FEDEX. Only four months to hammer out a new contract.

Alaska. 21% this year in 401K company funding. 13% defined, 8% profit sharing.

Hawaiian.

AirTran's TA, with 30% payraises.

Delta Northwest prepackaged acquisition and seniority integration.

You were saying?

FEDEX. Only four months to hammer out a new contract.

You really believe B6 is in the same fiscal shape as FedEx? A rising tide raises all boats on it, when you make money hand over fist, things are a lot easier to hash out. You see that at B6?

Alaska. 21% this year in 401K company funding. 13% defined, 8% profit sharing.

Outstanding. Good for them. Hope you can approach this. Again a company in much better fiscal shape than B6.

AirTran's TA, with 30% payraises.

What will be their immediate payraise (not some TA) merging with a non ALPA carrier?

Delta Northwest prepackaged acquisition and seniority integration.

You were saying?

Quite the rarity here. If you believe the rumors I hear the APA integrates well.

How many contract negotiations have dragged out? Scope concessions? Loss of 5 years of income for all FOs? Failure to gain meaningful rest regulations?

You really believe B6 is in the same fiscal shape as FedEx? A rising tide raises all boats on it, when you make money hand over fist, things are a lot easier to hash out. You see that at B6?

Outstanding. Good for them. Hope you can approach this. Again a company in much better fiscal shape than B6.

What will be their immediate payraise (not some TA) merging with a non ALPA carrier?

Quite the rarity here. If you believe the rumors I hear the APA integrates well.

How many contract negotiations have dragged out? Scope concessions? Loss of 5 years of income for all FOs? Failure to gain meaningful rest regulations?

You asked for one success, I gave you 5. Each time you deflected poorly.

You asked for one success, I gave you 5. Each time you deflected poorly.

No I asked for a home run. If you think B6 is just as healthy financially as FedEx then you need to pee in a cup.

Latest resources

Back