Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still think we're better off without ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amen, Dizel. For those who say, "Hire your own attorney," here's the scenario.

You get called in but say "I'll bring my attorney." They say, never mind, you're fired.

It takes you a couple years to get your job back and then its with a LARGE target on you. Guess what happens on your next sim ride?

With ALPA, there's a system of discipline and appeal that happen WHILE you're still employed.

Yeah, that's worth 2% to me.

No your suspended for two years without pay while ALPA gets your job back. It's no different.

During those two years, who pays the mortgage?

No your suspended for two years without pay while ALPA gets your job back. It's no different.

Again, you have NO CLUE how ALPA disciplinary systems work.

Again, you have NO CLUE how ALPA disciplinary systems work.

How long was a moderator here suspended without pay (represented by NPA and ALPA) and fired? How about the executive leadership that TSA fired willy nilly? It takes awhile.

During those two years, who pays the mortgage?

Your trained to safely guide 150 people through the air at 450 knots and you ask this helpless question. No wonder our country is falling apart.

Wrongo, ACE. In our system, if you get suspended pending disciplinary action, its WITH pay.

Tell that to the mec leadership who was fired at Trans States. They got back pay AFTER they got their job back. The ole, "you can grieve it" CBA demolishing tool.

Love,
ACE

An inhouse union is pie-in-the-sky. I'll vote for it but I guarantee within 3 years of starting an inhouse folks will realize the need for a union like ALPA.

You better get on the phone to swapa and apa and tell them they've made a big mistake. I'm sure they'll run right over to alpa.

jetBlue votes in ALPA followed by TWA pilots lawsuit wins followed by 3-5% assessment.

Edit: off topic an excellent NFL Network documentary on Tom Landry on now.

Last edited:
jetBlue votes in ALPA followed by TWA pilots lawsuit wins followed by 3-5% assessment.

Well, that would seem unlikely, can you point to a time in ALPA history when this has occurred, not arguing, just asking.

Secondly, even at 5%, the JetBlue pilot group, considering the many areas where we are trailing our peers, would still probably come out ahead and we would have seat at the big boys table when our contract is discussed.

Latest resources

Back