• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Still Happy At Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Grob that Alpha is getting is about 8.1 million when all said and done. Twice the price of the new PC-12s. Totally different direction, and perhaps not a good one.

The Grob that Alpha is getting is about 8.1 million when all said and done. Twice the price of the new PC-12s. Totally different direction, and perhaps not a good one.

That's interesting. I'm surprised at the $8.1 million figure - I thought it would be cheaper... Will the new PC-12s cost $4 million apiece? What justifies the PC-12 price increase? I thought that airplane cost in the $2-3 million dollar range.

So, the Phenom 100 that Avantair will be flying is considerably cheaper than the Grob. Does the Grob compare more favorably then against the Phenom 300 with more seats? I like the fact that Avantair is attempting to focus on the low-price point market with both aircraft vs. straying from what it is good at doing.

Open Gateways:
Atlanta GA (ATL)
Baltimore MD (BWI)
Boston Ma (BOS)
Charlotte NC (CLT)
Chicago IL (ORD)
Cleveland OH (CLE)
Columbus OH (CMH)
Dallas-Fort Worth TX (DFW)
Denver CO (DEN)
Houston TX (IAH)
Las Vegas NV (LAS)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
New York, NY (JFK) (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Phoenix AZ (PHX)
San Francisco CA (SFO)
St Louis MO (STL)
West Palm Beach FL (PBI)

Hi everyone. Elizabeth did some research for us and came up with this up-to-date list of open gateways (bases). This is accurate and current as of 1/7/08. Hope this info helps!

Dave​

I sent a resume in just over a week ago hoping for the LAS gateway. How long till they get back to someone normally? Thanks.

They get somewhere around 300 resumes a month, so it could be a while. If you know anyone in the company, get them to send Elizabeth an email on your behalf. It works wonders from what I hear. ;)

I sent a resume in just over a week ago hoping for the LAS gateway. How long till they get back to someone normally? Thanks.

Elizabeth is swamped. If you don't hear from her by the end of the week, let me know and I'll forward it to her for you.

Dave

Open Gateways:
Atlanta GA (ATL)
Baltimore MD (BWI)
Boston Ma (BOS)
Charlotte NC (CLT)
Chicago IL (ORD)
Cleveland OH (CLE)
Columbus OH (CMH)
Dallas-Fort Worth TX (DFW)
Denver CO (DEN)
Houston TX (IAH)
Las Vegas NV (LAS)
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
New York, NY (JFK) (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Phoenix AZ (PHX)
San Francisco CA (SFO)
St Louis MO (STL)
West Palm Beach FL (PBI)

Hi everyone. Elizabeth did some research for us and came up with this up-to-date list of open gateways (bases). This is accurate and current as of 1/7/08. Hope this info helps!​

Dave​

Aft,

Thanks for the updated list. Is there a restriction on how far away from a domicile you can live? For example, can you be based out of LAX and actually live in San Diego or be based out of PBI and live near MCO? Is there a 2-hour call-out or something like that?

Not so much of a call out, but they want you to live within 2 hours of the base. Not sure about how the drive would be in Cali, but the ORL PBI drive might be a bit of a stretch.

A great question to ask during the phone interview!

Sent in a resume on New Years Eve after getting someone in the training dept to vouch for me, and still waiting- and hoping!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back