STFD netjets!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
x402 said:
Oh come on, I bet you made that up in extended days in the first quarter. Always good to hear from one of the 17%.

Typical Union math: 100% - 82% = 17%.

NJAFracPilot-

No sympathy here. You knew you were joining a union when you took the job. The only thing unique about NetJets is that the junior guys threw the senior guys under the bus, instead of the typical airline union model where the senior captains screw the junior pilots.

SS

WolfPackPilot -

Nice to see a well reasoned, non-emotional, rational post from NetJets every now and again.

SS

Last edited:
SeaSpray said:
The only thing unique about NetJets is that the junior guys threw the senior guys under the bus, instead of the typical airline union model where the senior captains screw the junior pilots.

SS

SS - that pretty much sums up the situation here.

Due to the large surge in hiring from 2000 on, we have a majority of the pilots with less than 4 years of service with the company.

This group knows little about the history of the company and how we built the business. As you noted, they are quick to belittle the efforts of the 6, 7, and 8+ year pilots that actually helped build the company from which they now derive their living.

What's ironic is that you see many of them on here bitching about the contract and Mr. Santulli, accusing him of lying to them, and they weren't even at NetJets when the last contract was signed. Nor were they here when Mr. Santulli allegedly promised them 'kick-ass pay'.....

Its actually sad when you think about it....you have a bunch of people that in the last four years grabbed onto the coat-tails of a successful business and now want to second guess how the senior pilots and management, who built the union and the company respectively, are running the business.

Its actually sad when you think about it....you have a bunch of people that in the last four years grabbed onto the coat-tails of a successful business and now want to second guess how the senior pilots and management, who built the union and the company respectively, are running the business.

I guess you'll have to include the NEW President, DO and a hand full of Senior VP's as coat-tail people who can't understand the big picture and should just let all the 7,8,9 year people make the decisions. Some how I don't see BB stepping away any more than I see all of us 'new' pilots backing off from our drive for fair wages for the work we do TODAY for NJA.

As far as a senior 2000 driver thinking his 25k bonus is all he had to lose in the old TA, well that's his problem.

wolfpackpilot said:
Yet another 23 year old CFI (JET-GOD) who gets caught hunting Elephants with a BB-Gun... His outward stupidity only briefly shows his personality defects which say nothing of his overall lack of professionalism.

When the more level headed and moderate NJA pilots (whom I regard as professionals) start ranting and raving like this imbecile, then I'll start worrying.

On a side note: I had breakfast with a very senior BBJ Captain last week at the Crown in HPN, we laughed, we joked, and we both talked about the current situation. Needless to say, we both know he isn’t going to see me on his seniority list, and I won’t be seeing him in the Gulfstreams.

With all due respect, a senior BBJ Captain has already reached the peak and probably doesn't worry so much about paying his mortgage (i.e., he's not a Citation X Captain earning $55-60K) and moving up the ladder... His perspective will be vastly different from that of an Ultra Captain or a G200 FO. He probably laughed because he knows he doesn't have much further to go - and he doesn't want to fly a smaller aircraft (GV)....

wolfpackpilot said:
On a side note: I had breakfast with a very senior BBJ Captain last week at the Crown in HPN, we laughed, we joked, and we both talked about the current situation. Needless to say, we both know he isn’t going to see me on his seniority list, and I won’t be seeing him in the Gulfstreams.
If you don't see how completely asinine that statement was, there is no hope for you and it'd be a waste of space to try to explain it.

FamilyGuy:

This group knows little about the history of the company and how we built the business

The only history lesson we were given when I was hired was how they needed to gobble up market share. One of the ways of doing this was hire, hire, hire. When airlines furloughed, they hired. Retired airline, hire 'em! Guess who had more experience with fighting management?

That's the way he wanted it...well, he gets it. You have to take the good with the bad.

On Your Six said:
He probably laughed because he knows he doesn't have much further to go - and he doesn't want to fly a smaller aircraft (GV)....

There are some of us that wouldn't want to take the pay cut to fly the Boeing (max pay NJLA-$213K), nor do we want to spend our lives at Mach 0.78 in the thirties thinking about cross-over AOA for entertainment.

GV

Latest resources

Back