Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
TheTruthCMH said:
You are a true idiot if you believe pilots are joining Flexjet and CS because of the lack of a union at either company. C'mon - that's ridiculous. Another example of great SPIN. NJA is becoming far less appealing because of its acrimonious work environment and its lower pay. It has a bad reputation now among prospective pilots - I know because I have been told that by recent Flexjet newhires. CS Bravo Captains are paid more than NJA Citation X or G200 Captains.

The "Truth" is that NJA can't admit the fact that the operation continues to sink as some of its best employees and many owners walk out the door... It is becoming a worse place to work by the day. Clearly a lot of the pilots have remained due to the promise of potential retro pay. But, as things continue to get worse, I am sure that these highly experienced pilots will find better opportunities and the owners will find better conditions at the other fractional companies. The clock is ticking...

If what you say is totally correct you better be looking to jump ship soon... How in the world can you figure that an already sinking company can absorb the huge financial hit of your new CBA and do any better ?

That's the point isn't it ??? What us non-union people don't get is that it's always better to ask for a raise when things are going well. Pretty difficult to have one hand out while the other is holding a "STFD" sign... And I realize that it's been X number of years, but realistically you can't count those under the previous MEC can you ? If they were as "corrupt" as you say they were who's fault was that ? You voted em in and you voted them out. It was your problem and you fixed, it cost you some time.

h25b said:
On Your Six said:
If what you say is totally correct you better be looking to jump ship soon... How in the world can you figure that an already sinking company can absorb the huge financial hit of your new CBA and do any better ?

That's the point isn't it ??? What us non-union people don't get is that it's always better to ask for a raise when things are going well. Pretty difficult to have one hand out while the other is holding a "STFD" sign... And I realize that it's been X number of years, but realistically you can't count those under the previous MEC can you ? If they were as "corrupt" as you say they were who's fault was that ? You voted em in and you voted them out. It was your problem and you fixed, it cost you some time.

Gunfyter is correct - I don't work at NJA. Some of my best aviator friends work there and they talk about the situation all the time - I feel like I know the situation fairly well. During my brief time at UAL (until shortly after 9/11), I got a good sense for how unions work and I am definitely pro-union. I currently fly a Global Express for a part 91 operation out of the NYC area.

NJA's current situation is directly attributed to its own financial mismanagement and the flight crews should not suffer as a result of management's incompetence. My NJA friends talk about considerable waste throughout the system and the operations process (that subject has been beaten to death on these boards) and the subsidization of the formerly struggling NJE operation.

Just ask yourself this question: how is Southwest managed differently than NJA and what is the result? Southwest pilots are loyal and reasonably happy (especially considering the rest of the industry). NJA had the potential to be the "Southwest" of the fractional business with happy and loyal (meaning lower training costs - thank goodness Buffett also owns Flight Safety) but it dropped the ball in a major way. It demonstrates daily how it simply does not care about its employees - especially those who directly interface with the almighty owners... All of my NJA pilot friends are looking at other options right now. What a pity - NJA could have been such a great place to make a career.... But NJA management dropped the ball and now the atmosphere is poisoned. This is a classic situation of "NJA could have been such a great place to work if..."

I feel bad for the NJA crews who actually believed that they would be treated fairly and with respect. After all, I have met some extraodinarily gifted pilots who worked for NJA (a few have recently departed). I know that I would want to find a place where I could park myself for the rest of my career and earn respect and at least industry-average wages (for the aircraft type - not $55K as PIC of a Citation X). Yeah, NJA is in an interesting financial situation right now - so, it should figure out a way to get back on track and reduce the friction it has created. Perhaps Warren should contribute some of his considerable cash hoard to improving the situaiton? Continuing to hold-out (without making some progress) will only create more ill-will and the resulting poor morale won't please the owners....

Last edited:
x402 said:
Better go back and get some more info from your traitors with passwords, no one has ever said not to look at these boards.
To paraphrase, don't get worked up over the postings of COMPANY SPOKESPERSONS or UNION BUSTING HIRED GUNS.

First- X402 in regards to your first post- are you saying people who talk to me are traitors? That is the mentality, I was referrring to.

But noone has given me a password and I have not been anywhere I am not supposed to be. the comment was made by a pilot on this board- I filled in the blanks and you added the icing on the cake.

As far as being a company spokesperson or union busting hired gun- I am neither. I do not work for the company nor have I ever pretended I do- I am a writer and originally came here for a story idea and started speaking with Netjetwife.

If you think I should be hired- please let someone who has the authority know :)

FAcFriend said:
First- X402 in regards to your first post- are you saying people who talk to me are traitors? That is the mentality, I was referrring to.

Yes, if they pass you half truths to annoy the pilots working for fair wages.

But noone has given me a password and I have not been anywhere I am not supposed to be. the comment was made by a pilot on this board- I filled in the blanks and you added the icing on the cake.

I see, they just let you look over their shoulder.

As far as being a company spokesperson or union busting hired gun- I am neither. I do not work for the company nor have I ever pretended I do- I am a writer and originally came here for a story idea and started speaking with Netjetwife.

Let us know when you get published, can't wait.

If you think I should be hired- please let someone who has the authority know :)

Jim Jones? Dallas Cowboys, right.

Last edited:
Steel is a moron

gunfyter said:
Hmmm that is curious Dispatcher Good Catch.

Yet another 23 year old CFI (JET-GOD) who gets caught hunting Elephants with a BB-Gun... His outward stupidity only briefly shows his personality defects which say nothing of his overall lack of professionalism.

When the more level headed and moderate NJA pilots (whom I regard as professionals) start ranting and raving like this imbecile, then I'll start worrying.

On a side note: I had breakfast with a very senior BBJ Captain last week at the Crown in HPN, we laughed, we joked, and we both talked about the current situation. Needless to say, we both know he isn’t going to see me on his seniority list, and I won’t be seeing him in the Gulfstreams.

wolfpackpilot said:
On a side note: I had breakfast with a very senior BBJ Captain last week at the Crown in HPN, we laughed, we joked, and we both talked about the current situation. Needless to say, we both know he isn’t going to see me on his seniority list, and I won’t be seeing him in the Gulfstreams.

I am wondering how the breakfast conversation would have sounded with a very senior NJA Falcon Captain. Would you have laughed and joked about the same things? You and your sorority sister sound like a couple of Delta pilots, years gone by, talking about how Leo Mullin better respect your position.

miles otoole said:
I am wondering how the breakfast conversation would have sounded with a very senior NJA Falcon Captain. Would you have laughed and joked about the same things? You and your sorority sister sound like a couple of Delta pilots, years gone by, talking about how Leo Mullin better respect your position.

The NJA Falcon Captains I know voted for the TA last October.

GEXDriver said:
The NJA Falcon Captains I know voted for the TA last October.

I did. And i'm still pissed about losing the $25K signing bonus and a year's worth of the 13% raise.

NJAFracPilot said:
I did. And i'm still pissed about losing the $25K signing bonus and a year's worth of the 13% raise.

Oh come on, I bet you made that up in extended days in the first quarter. Always good to hear from one of the 17%.

How's that go,'I've got mine f**k everyone else.'

Latest resources

Back