Stevens Amendment At Work

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wise Guy

More jobs being outsourced. Air China now flies through ANC to BNA. Six frequencies a week. I wonder who has cheaper labor Air China or a US airline??? Looks like UPS could care less as long as they take a cut by brokering the deal.

Don't kid yourself that this won't be happening to the pax carrier's soon.

--According to media reports, Dell has contracted with China Air to deliver computer parts to Nashville. According to these same reports, UPS logistics brokered the agreement.--

Where did you get this info? I would like to read something a little more substantial than just a post on an internet board before I flame my REPUBLICAN Senators for voting for this crap.

I live in BNA. Air China does operate a B747 into here. I see it on the ramp all the time.

Believe it!

Believe it. My Republican Senator did it... I even sent him a letter (suggested by ALPA) and got a response saying that it was in the best interest of the State (Alaska) and created jobs. Great... so 50 guys get jobs on the ramp in ANC, and the airlines of the United States get killed by forced labor in China.

Re: Believe it!

AK737FO said:
Believe it. My Republican Senator did it... I even sent him a letter (suggested by ALPA) and got a response saying that it was in the best interest of the State (Alaska) and created jobs. Great... so 50 guys get jobs on the ramp in ANC, and the airlines of the United States get killed by forced labor in China.

I too sent a letter. I believe that my two women voted against it. My soon-to-be wife (from AK) also sent a letter to Uncle Ted.

It's bad enough that we are buying all that crap from Asia, they also bring it to us and load all the WalMart trucks directly from their planes.

Those planes are probably coming to the USA fully loaded and returning only half full.

GP

Last edited:
Is this flight a direct result of the bill, or is it a route negotiated between china and US with no cabotage(sp) built into it? With other words, are they picking freight in ANC, or is just a fuel/crew stop?

Do you see the big two (FDX/UPS) being two different animals 10 yrs from now?

Is this possible: FDX re-registers there MD's in China as FedEx Asia and hire 20-30k yr Chinese folks to fly them? Sure would suck!!

Freddie,

As far as I know, from following the debate and reading the amendment, they are picking up new freight in ANC.

I too wrote "my" politicians, got the standard reply!

FDX re-registers there MD's in China as FedEx Asia

The holy grail of Michael Chowdry at Atlas was crew bases in Seoul and London, just to get away from US labor laws. If he hadn't died, he probably would have been successful.

UPS

I hear it said all the time that we leave freight behind in China every day because we don't have the lift. Not enough airplanes and crews to do the job....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back