• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Steve Fossett items found!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wallet and certificates have always been separate. Flight certificates stay with flight gear. State ID remains in wallet.

Rich guys carry $1,000+ in hundred dollar bills regularly.

The wreckage was reported to be around the 10,000ft mark flown into the side of the mountain. Does anyone know how well a Decathlon performs up there?

The wreckage was reported to be around the 10,000ft mark flown into the side of the mountain. Does anyone know how well a Decathlon performs up there?

I've flown through 11,000 ft passes with two adults in a 115 hp Citabria. I would imagine that a Decathalon (150-180 hp depending on exact variant) would perform just fine with one person at 10,000. Flying in the mountains isn't about performance, anyway. It's about judgement, doesn't matter what you're flying, you can always find a downdraft or terrain that you can't outclimb. The key is making sure you don't get in those situations and always have an out.

That said, I have no idea how Fossett came to grief and am not attempting to cast aspersions on him.

Something not right about the whole situation.

If the guy was just planning on flying his Stinson/T-Craft/whateveritwas for a couple hours to scout some race terrain, why would he have a thousand bucks cash on him?

You're really looking/reaching for a conspiracy theory. A thousand bucks to Fossett is probably his walking around money.......like fifty or a hundred for me. There is nothing unusual about that. Do yourself a favor. Keep your day job and don't become a private investigator!:D

(Yeah, I know. I'm essentially repeating A Squared)

It would be kind of neat though, to stage your own death. Especially if you're a millionaire. Boy, would I have some fun, I tell ya what.

(Yeah, I know. I'm essentially repeating A Squared)

s'all right. Wisdom such as mine bears repeating (joking)

Yeah, I think Prince is stretching just a bit. His Photo ID wasn't found? GOsh, neither were the soles of his boots, teeth, zipper from his pants, and for 13 months, his entire airplane ..... but not finding his photo ID in a scatterd crash site that's been exposed to the animanls and elememts for a year and a half is certainly fishy..... right.

Apparently not so good.

It's wrecked, you see.

Granted, it would be kinda cool to think of him as sitting on a beach somewhere on the other side of the world getting tanned with a pair of nude 16 year olds and being funded by a Richard Branson expense account. :beer:

16 year olds? I hope that was a typo.

Latest resources

Back