• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Step aside, Deltalina

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I'm not a happy clappy person, but sitting through that thing up to five legs a day would cause me to go postal. "Oh cute the kid is busting a rhyme!" Feel sorry for the FA's over there.

Imagine what the UAL F/As have to go through when they hear and see Jeff's propaganda several times a day.... just brutal!

If it works...

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan when I first saw it.

But the applause I've heard numerous times makes me think otherwise. Never heard that after a compliance announcement other than Southwest.

Imagine what the UAL F/As have to go through when they hear and see Jeff's propaganda several times a day.... just brutal!

When the merger first occurred, most UAL F/As fast forwarded through FLiBS's spiel.

In February of 2008, Delta Air Lines put some T&A in the inflight safety video with the addition of Katherine Lee, a.k.a "Deltalina" in hopes of catching some passenger attention. Looks like Virgin America has one-up'd them with their latest safety video featuring celebrity dancers and performers. At a price tag of over a half-mil, no wonder they can't make a dime, but they sure are sexy.

http://digitalsynopsis.com/advertising/virgin-america-safety-dance-video

I had a very nice chat with "Deltalina" while sitting next to her on an ATL-SAV flight several months back. She's actually more attractive in person and smokin hot IMHO (married to a USMC F-18 pilot dammit). Told her that I hope Richard was paying her tons of extra cash (he's not).

The secret to the Delta videos is that they are actually funny. They say all the FAA approved mumbo jumbo and then throw in the funny stuff in between. Saw their holiday season video last week and laughed out loud more than once.

Whether it's humor or sex appeal, anything that gets the brain-dead masses to actually PAY ATTENTION to the safety information is a good idea in my book.

Anyone over say 50 is just gonna love it... Just picturing my 90 yr old grandmother trying to follow that

Who would applaud for that video? By applauding for that video you're admitting you're a five year old that needs to be entertained constantly with shiny things pretty things. What an embarrassment . How do employees deadhead and not wretch every time they watch that horse********************e?

That was a very effective half million from an advertising standpoint. Sorry you're management team did something so right.
Your English teacher, alas, did not.

Latest resources

Back