Step aside, Deltalina

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OState597

In February of 2008, Delta Air Lines put some T&A in the inflight safety video with the addition of Katherine Lee, a.k.a "Deltalina" in hopes of catching some passenger attention. Looks like Virgin America has one-up'd them with their latest safety video featuring celebrity dancers and performers. At a price tag of over a half-mil, no wonder they can't make a dime, but they sure are sexy.

http://digitalsynopsis.com/advertising/virgin-america-safety-dance-video

Last edited:
That was a very effective half million from an advertising standpoint. Sorry you're management team did something so right.

My post was for pure entertainment only...with a playful jab at the ongoing battle of sex-appeal vs. functionality that has been a question at VA for a long time. Everyone knows that. I admire their image and appreciate how they bring a little class back to the business. Just wish it proved a bit more lucrative on paper for their sake. I am lost at the "sorry you're management team..." comment however.

I know I'm not a happy clappy person, but sitting through that thing up to five legs a day would cause me to go postal. "Oh cute the kid is busting a rhyme!" Feel sorry for the FA's over there.

Latest resources

Back