• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

staying in shape

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"I cant wait to get in the military so I will have plenty of time to workout and hone my boxing and wrestling skills"

Yeah ... I honed my boxing and wrestling skills in the bars in Killeen, Texas and Kitzingen Germany. :D

You GOTTA be officer material. (Geek!)

Minh

Martial arts.

I have been studying and practicing TKD since 1980. Great aerobic excercise.

Running and riding bicycles are good cardio excercises as well.

I always pack shorts and running shoes and a plastic bag to keep the smell away from my other clothes. I also have an MP3 player and lots of MP3s on my laptop. I always try to get 30 minutes of something as soon as I get to the hotel or the next day before the flight if we are getting to the hotel late. I'll tell the rest of the crew I need 45 minutes before going to eat/drink after the flight. I prefer to run and I have 3-4 mile runs planned out at most of the stops I make. If the weather sucks, I'll leave the TV off and crank up the laptop in the room and do calestenics or if I know the hotel has a good gym, I'll use that.

While sitting around the crashpad do some situps and pushups during the commercials.

I don't pack any special food, but I definately watch what I eat.

excersise that's fun is the ticket; i can play soccer all day.

i've been biking to work - no simple feat in puerto rico, where there are no bike paths and you have bike along the freeway. running with the little hand weights is a good alternative to the gym - i found some stairs to run along my usual jogging route.

my outstation where i sit ten hours a day is a tiny island, so swimming works good. stay away from carbohydrates (bread, etc) and think outta the box. also, unloading our cargo doesn't hurt.

B-J-J Fighter as Dewey Oxburger

Its the first day of boot camp for the new recruits. Here is the conversation while meeting each oher.

B-J-J Fighter: Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox. I dont know if you've noticed, but I got a slight weight problem.

Everyone else: NOOOO!! NOOOO!!

B-J-J Fighter: I went to this doctor. He told me I swallow a lot of aggression .. along with a lot of pizzas.

B-J-J Fighter: Well, I didn't have the money. Then I thought to myself, join the army .. it's free.

B-J-J Fighter: I'm going to walk out of here a lean mean fighting machine!

(John Candy in Stripes)

Staying in Shape

Im already a lean mean fighting machine. I wrestled in college division I on a full ride. The offseason I always kept myself in good shape by boxing and doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu a ground based fighting system kind of like wrestling except with joint locks and chokes.

There is nothing more exciting and scary at the same time as going toe to toe with someone in the ring that wants to sit there and bang! with you. Its the best adrenaline rush in the world. I live for it, although it does hurt sometimes. Most other hobby is competing in grappling tournaments, the most ego filled sport in the world. My buddy Mike Van Arnsdale wrestles for the all army team, that man is a bad @ss.

I have found that having a lot of Sex with multiple women at the same time keeps me in shape. I figure if I get laid a couple of times a day it is just as good as working out and 10x as much fun!!

Fr8Dog,
Excellent point! Now if I could only find some women who are willing. In my case it's probably easier just to "whack it" ten times a day. That's still considered exercise right?

Well sure it is still exercise, you can still work up a sweet right.

Yah, I pack my own treadmill along with a pair of 50 lbs. dumbbells and a bench to do crunches..you know it's important stay in shape on those overnights...they seem to all fit quite nicely in my TravelPro.

Latest resources

Back