• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

staying in shape

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like we've got some sick puppies in the biz. Can't say I'm any better... Good thing people can't hear my thoughts.

Joining The Military

B-J-J Fighter,

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think your recruiter lied to you.

Last edited:
Anyone here used a Nordic Trak? If so, what are your thoughts about em? They're supposted to be a great full body workout..

I have spent the last 35 yrs, since the day i was born, getting my body into this pilot, beer drinking shape. Am i supposed to change now. HA HA

Seriously though a couple months ago my weight was the most its ever been, around 195 at 5' 9". Watch what you eat on the road, and get some exercise, hit the hotel gym, or do sit ups and push ups in your room. down to 185 so far. do it at home to.

Must be nice for all of you airline guys having tome to work out on your layovers. Being a frac guy, we spend what little time we have in a hotel planning and filing flight plans( for the next day), on hold with dispatch, and wolfing down left over catering!

I am a frac pilot. we still have the time, Which company do you work for if you still have to deal with filing flight plans

I can't beleive they took that guys jumprope in MCO.

I try to run a little every day regardless of location. If the weather is too crappy, then I jumprope in the hotel room. Usually there is enough room so that just a little furniture moving does the trick. Also, being a golden glover in a former life I can say that Jumping rope is a great workout and it's been proven that 15 minutes of jumping rope is equivalent to 30 minutes of jogging. Also shadowboxing is a good workout but you have to know how to throw a punch and be serious about it.

I just started lifting weights again after going from a bulky college weight program to strictly calisthenics. But i agree with the posters that said to keep doing pushups and crunches whenever possible.

Stay away from the grease pits. Only have a whopper occasionally so you dont turn into a rabbit and Drink lots of water. Try to get at least a gallon of H20 a day if you can. Don't be the Airline pilot who's gut hangs from over their belt and cant button up their blazer.

Rook

600' AGL Autopilot on. 'WHEW!'

"Do you ever think back,
to another time....
Does it bring you so down
that you thought you lost your mind."
'Green Day'

Latest resources

Back