Stay with the Regional or go Corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DairyAir

Just looking for some opinions from the peanut gallery. I may have the opportunity to be chief pilot of a corporate flight dept. Currently I am a captain at a respected regional making about 60k, fairly good seniority, bidding in the mid thirties in my base out of 100 captains. My QOL is crap, our future is dubious. The corporate gig is in the southeast, Citation II around 100k. So what would you do stay with the regional or get the hell out. Any thoughts

Thanks DA

That is definitely a respectable salary for a Citation II CP. There is, however, generally a lot of extra work involved in being a corporate CP though. I flew a Citation II and V with my previous gig, and our CP had a lot of misc responsibilities. These included scheduling maintenance, working out scheduling conflicts among passengers, booking hotels and rental cars, buying supplies for the airplane and hangar, cleaning the aircraft, getting the boss' car washed, and much more. If you want to keep your career more focused on flying and being a pilot, I'd stick with 121. If you're more interested in the extra cash and don't mind spending a lot of your time doing bookkeeping and odd jobs, go for the CP gig. Thats my thoughts.

Is this corporate job a single plane operation? Is this job a public or private corporation? These are some questions you need to ask yourself before taking that job. Private companies dont have stock holders telling them to sell the airplanes and if you have more than one airplane they may be more stable.

If you thing the stability is good at a coporate job then I say take it. I work for a corporate which is more stable than any airline out there right now. Without going into details this company could not do the business they do without the airplanes they have. My quality of life is great. There is not an airline out there that I would go to right now. (not even fedex or ups).

I'd find out why the last guy left, first....

Latest resources

Back