• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope this will help you answer your question:

AirTran Seen Doubling In Size In Four Years
Forbes Staff , 11.20.03, 12:42 PM ET

NEW YORK -

Merrill Lynch upgraded AirTran Holdings (nyse: AAI - news - people ) to "buy" from "neutral" and raised earnings estimates, citing significant growth opportunities next year for the air-transport company. Merrill raised the estimate for 2004 diluted earnings per share to $1.00 from 85 cents and also raised its five-year EPS growth rate from 16% to 17%. The research firm said AirTran's low cost structure is about "20% better than its major carrier counterparts" and the company will double in size "within the next four years" as capacity grows. Shares are up 68 cents to $14.33.

CancelIFR1200 said:
No more worrying about flying shifting from one regional to another. =

What do you call Air Whiskey's operation in ATL????? You can call Air Tran a regional right now if you think about it but yes as they grow they will not fit that mold. But "shifting" of flying is a problem at Air Tran. Even SWA is considering doing what Air Tran is doing.

:eek:

sgu,

As long as mainline AirTran continues to grow it's ASM's, as we are projected to for at least another 4 years, the Air Wisconsin flying doesn't bother me that much. It's not like we have guys on furlough while expanding our regional flying.

The RJ scope clause will be a big issue during the next round of negotiations. As per the scope clause, right now I believe they are limited to 70 seats and 18-20% of mainline ASM's.

Last edited:
A M F?

WTF?

adios amigo

Alpha Mike Foxtrot...

Adios
Mother
Fluffer

So if Air Wiskey flying doesn't bother you, how about Ryan? There are some rumors they might fly the 737s to start out since they're already on Ryan's ticket.

The way i see it, there is still alot of growth that will be done by the regional jets.. alot more. The more time that goes by the more i would not be surprised that there will be more growth at the regional level than the major level no secret here. With all the hiring done by the regionals from 1996- to now, pilots that didnt get hired by a major and have been at COEX, Comair, AWAC, ACA, Skywest, etc. for 7 plus years are fairly senior. If you got hired at Comair in 1997 and where still there you would be around number 550 out of 1800 plus pilots, top 66 percent. making descent money as a Captain. To leave that to go to a start up with a gold welcome rug NOW is still very tempting but to leave a good job with a proven company making good moneyfor a upstart is just a gamble and unfortunately that is what this career is becoming a gamble you pick the right airline to go to at the right time. For a 7 yr. Comair captian at 70-75 an hour to leave and go to Airtran, and upgrade there in 3 yrs making 115hr. is still more than 10 yr. comair pay at comair around 90 an hour. but its not that much more given how much more seniority you have staying at Comair plus the fact that they have been around for 20 years already. but who knows..agian its a gamble

Latest resources

Back