stay or go if successful?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

Guys -- to stay or go -- that is the question...

I am currently flying part 135 charter and have been given the opportunity to make a move into the 121 world. (SKYWEST) With all that is going on, can some of you more experienced people out there help me out here in making this decision? Is SKWEST going to be around and would you make the move if you were in my spot?

Any brainstorming that you can send my way will be appreciated !

Thanks in advance --

Nervous about the possible change ...

PS -- how hard would it be to get into the DFW base with SKYWEST?

My opinion, having been in this business for many, many years, is go with Skywest. They are a fine company that has been around for many years, and the odds are good that they will continue to be.

I'm not sure exactly what sort of "part 135 charter flying" you are doing. That covers alot of ground. But in all likelihood, the Skywest gig would be better than just about any part 135 charter flying job.

As a caveat, I would add, however, that if your goal is to fly for one of the better corporate operators; that is, to make a career in corporate aviation, you'd make more contacts and have better networking opportunities in your 135 position.

Last edited:
hotwing,

Just fyi, DFW currently isn't a crew base for SKW. However, that may change in the near distant future. As far as current RJ bases, your looking at FAT, SLC and TUS.

Last edited:
DFW

Yes, DFW is a crew base, along with DENVER. DFW was just added not too long ago and is, for now, a reserve base only on the CRJ.

Hotwing
I'm usually not one to offer my two cents but I was in a similar position not too long ago. My advice man/maam is to follow your heart. Do you want to walk the terminals in a pressed uniform? - Or - Do you prefer to show up to work in plain clothes? Of course image is not what I am gettting at here just be true to what YOU really want and you will be happy. I can't speak for SKYWEST but I hear it's a great place to be, I wish I was there. Peace

Latest resources

Back