Stay at SWA or go to UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ups...

I have very little time at SWA and offered UPS interview. If hired what do you think

You had very little time at Frontier too...

I think u need to think about what you REALLY WANT TO DO. The solution to your problem isnt JUMPING ship every time you think there is a better opportunity. Plant yourself at SWA and enjoy.

You are a GOOD interviewer. Youll probably get hired at UPS. But let me make a prediction, you wont be happy there either!

Someone gave me this advice: There will always be someone MORE SENIOR TO YOU THAT IS YOUNGER and there will always be someone MAKING MORE MONEY THAN YOU.

Good Luck with your QUEST to find the "ULTIMATE JOB"!

CYA

Can you handle flying only the FLUF for the rest of your life

Personally being at SWA would be a death sentence, only flying the 73 for the rest of my life and working that many legs in the same old bird forever would be boring........

I think personally I would go to UPS fly the world and change A/C types every few years to keep it fresh and fun.

It is all about QOL. Lets all remember it is still a job. No matter where you go it will be fun at times and s#ck at times. Look at your personal situation. Where you live, do you like the 737 (forever). Do you even like the toads behind the door. Can you put up with staying awake all night until your seniority will get you day trips.

If it were me I would go to UPS. But I am just a dumb frieght dog.............

Yeah change airplanes every few years when you realize your not getting any better in the one your in....be a jack of trades and never a master. Like I said on page one....Run don't walk off the property now...we only need pilots that want to be here.

I really need to learn to logout when posting in the pilot lounge .... lots of bad things could happen.....

Don't worry I took care of you buddy.

The SWA stews look hotter in their tight shorts than the UPS delivery people in their shorts. That being said, if I had the choice I would vote for UPS and get on domestic 757/767 and just sit. You can always go international later. However, I have heard a large percentage of newhires will go to ANC and fly either the MD11 or the 747-400. If you want some 400 time then go to UPS. Get that time and then bid the 757/767 domestic and sit.

Let us know what you pick. Then be done with it.

I thought UPS was only interviewing pilots with transoceanic experience? Anyway good luck in the interview and let us know how it went. UPS is my first choice when they start to hire for domestic again.

Latest resources

Back