Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

n7715x

gringo bandito
What would you do if you had the choice? Stay at a Chautauqua and make captain in another 1.5 years, or quit now and go to Netjets?

I am at Flexjet (former Comair) and have no regrets. Except maybe that I didn't do it sooner! Good luck, whatever you decide!

I would go to netjets, but a big reason is because there is netjets domicile where I live. And the current regionaly I work for, i commiute to a long ways for.

People are leaving JetBlue to go to NetJets. Pilots are bypassing recall to Delta and United to STAY at NetJets.

Doesn't sound to hard to figure out (if you happen to live in one of their domiciles).

You will know in five years if you made the right decision, wither you go to Netjets or not.

I've spoken with a few fractional pilots. NetJets in particular seems to offer a far better overall package than any regional. However it's a totally different type of flying job with far more customer interaction and more operational responsibilities. For some people I think it would be an excelllent career choice but it's not for everyone. I'd spend some time talking to fractional pilots to get a feel for what's involved.

I flew corporate for many years before I started with the airlines and I agree with the statement that It is not for everyone. Great flying to different places and great hotels everywhere you go and the airplanes are "clean" not the pigsties that we fly at the regionals. If you are a "Costumer Service" oriented individual and I'm talking high end hotel concierge costumer service, then you will enjoy it. When somebody is ranting in the back, you can't just rub it off and say "go talk to the gate agent" because this is not a silver elite member that paid $600 bucks for a ticket. These are very rich people that are used to and demand pampering.
In the other hand places like Netjets have basically NO attrition, so again. If you are a costumer service oriented individual, it is a great option. Good luck in your decision.

Latest resources

Back