• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Status at the bigs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA over-furloughed and is having some problems because of it. Looking at profitable quarter though probably not for the year. Recalls on the order of 3-500 by next spring.

NWA has about 500 pilots on furlough still. Plans are to start recalling again in early 2006. Of course all subject to change.

mwmav8r01 said:
What airlines are where? I saw UA is recalling 1200 FAs that is a good sign. How is NW and AA?

Thanks

Matt

The United recall is in part in response to retirement and other forms of attrition.

From a standpoint of their stock, this is how the airlines have done so far this year.

AirTran...-16.0%

Alaska...-11%

America West...-9.9%

American...+11.6%

Continental...-0.1%

Delta...-53.5%

JetBlue...-13.7%

MidWest Express...-19.2%

Northwest...-62.2%

Southwest...-16.5%

GV

quote:

"NWA........Plans are to start recalling again in early 2006."

Really??? And that comes from where..........?

Last edited:
AA is really short of pilots (like everybody is), but they're wanting to avoid having to recall any pilots. The summer is the busiest flying season, but it is also when we pilots like to take our vacations. AA is asking pilots to postpone their vacations until later in the year. Mgmt is thinking that if at least some pilots postpone their vacations until the fall when the busy travel season is over, they won't have to recall any furloughed pilots. Stupid beancouters!!

(just hearsay)

Midnight--Yeah, they want you to vacation in those prime first two weeks of November... :rolleyes:

AMR still wants you to "take one for the team". I'm sure they'll remember that when contract time rolls around again (next decade! ;) ) TC

Continental

I’m glad to see Continental is hiring, but I’m just wondering why they have the need for so many additional pilots given the current state of the pax industry?

Is it to catch up for past attrition? Did a lot of the furlougees choose not return? Or are they expanding their fleet? Or all of the above?

Just curios.

Congrats to all those who get the call from Continental.

CE

Latest resources

Back