• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

State (MI) paying for type rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In MI they will only approve funds for schools that are their "list". Higher Power is on the list so that is what I have to do. I would much rather get a type in another biz jet, but right now, that ain't in the cards.

N2F

Higher Power and southwest really have quite the scam going on.

Truthfully....SWA and Higher Power have no agreement of any kind. They just happen to be two distinctly differnet companies that have something to do with a B-737...

...and since the only thing they have in common is that they "talk" 737....you could possibly add AA to the mix....Delta....Alaska...etc.

I don't think it is the "state of Michigan" paying for your type rating, it is us taxpayers. Do you plan to go for the food stamps and welfare checks also?

There are several banks that will give you a loan for the type or maybe put it on your credit card, but my tax money will be better spent improving the roads than giving you a 1 in 5 chance at a job at only one airline.

Hmmmmmm......

It's kind of funny that you do not hear any of the right wingers on here complaining about this government hand out.

That's the way it is. It is only waste and excess if it is something you disagree with or cannot use.

The govt paying for type ratings sucks. When I went to Higher Power to get my type (only after I was given the green light that I was hired by SWA) a bunch of military people sucking off the tit of the American taxpayer had their Types paid. What a joke especially since most are right wing nuts. By the way, Higher Power likes to insinuate that they have a close relationship with SWA and therefore getting your Type their gives you some kind of in. The relality is getting a Type a Higher Power has absolutely no impact, not even a thread of preference for getting hired at SWA. If you get your Type, get it at the cheapest place.

The govt paying for type ratings sucks. When I went to Higher Power to get my type (only after I was given the green light that I was hired by SWA) a bunch of military people sucking off the tit of the American taxpayer had their Types paid. What a joke especially since most are right wing nuts. By the way, Higher Power likes to insinuate that they have a close relationship with SWA and therefore getting your Type their gives you some kind of in. The relality is getting a Type a Higher Power has absolutely no impact, not even a thread of preference for getting hired at SWA. If you get your Type, get it at the cheapest place.

"right wing nuts." Does that make you a leftist kook?

No. Being a "leftist" would not make you a "kook". Words that come to mind for a "leftist" would be bright, educated, evolved, smart, informed versus a right wing nut where other words such as nutcase, biggot, liarm, crook, simpleton, hypicrite, Larry Craig, food stamp recepient, Mark Foley, criminal, ... come to mind.

No. Being a "leftist" would not make you a "kook". Words that come to mind for a "leftist" would be bright, educated, evolved, smart, informed versus a right wing nut where other words such as nutcase, biggot, liarm, crook, simpleton, hypicrite, Larry Craig, food stamp recepient, Mark Foley, criminal, ... come to mind.

Let me guess.. You are one of the baby boomers that is getting ready to suck off the governments tit because of poor planning of your retirement. Social Security, defense, Medicare, Medicaid, and interest payments on the national debt will account for about three-quarters of all federal tax spending. I will NEVER get Social Security, it may be selfish but it was also selfish of an entire generation to not plan for the future and leaving their children to figure it out.

P.s. yes I will be sucking off the governments tit and have no problem taking back the money that I invested in it before some old geezer, who already took 5 years of my career advancement away can take it.

I don't think it is the "state of Michigan" paying for your type rating, it is us taxpayers. Do you plan to go for the food stamps and welfare checks also?

There are several banks that will give you a loan for the type or maybe put it on your credit card, but my tax money will be better spent improving the roads than giving you a 1 in 5 chance at a job at only one airline.

Hey Jerk Off,

The state of MI does control the funding! Each state is responsible for there own. I hate the way the system is set up. My state will not pay the entire cost of a type rating, so I will be paying the difference myself. I am also morally opposed to paying for training that SW requires, but if this is an opportunity than I owe it to the family to take it. Even if it is only 1 in 5.

What would you rather I do? Take the 5,000 the state will give me this year and go to truck driving school.

Thanks for you concern, but you can now ******************** off!

Dipstick its his money he has already paid in in taxes not yours

Latest resources

Back