State (MI) paying for type rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Jerk Off,

The state of MI does control the funding! Each state is responsible for there own. I hate the way the system is set up. My state will not pay the entire cost of a type rating, so I will be paying the difference myself. I am also morally opposed to paying for training that SW requires, but if this is an opportunity than I owe it to the family to take it. Even if it is only 1 in 5.

What would you rather I do? Take the 5,000 the state will give me this year and go to truck driving school.

Thanks for you concern, but you can now ******************** off!

You either stand for something or you stand for nothing. It is clear where you stand and what you are teaching your children.

You too Geek. Those that are opposed are idiots with an IQ of dirt

This is what we pay taxes for.

It's insurance. It is there to invest in your future so they may become a tax paying citizen again.

Look at it how you want but our tax collector owes an investment to us as a business partners to obtain revenue from our pockets when we get back on our feet.

Just like we hold arms when the country needs us to defend as directed by our ELECTED LEADERS.

I'm Mike Robinson And aup for EVERYTHING I say.

" My state will not pay the entire cost of a type rating, "............

My state would not pay the entire cost either. Solution: since the WIA funds are actually Federal money distributed by individual states, there is nothing to prevent you from applying to more than one additional state to make up the difference. Residual funds are usually distributed at the end of the fiscal year from the state of non-residence, so you may need to wait until then- but you can combine the benefits of more than one state to make up the difference. A little extra leg work, but worth the effort.

Hey Jerk Off,

The state of MI does control the funding! Each state is responsible for there own. I hate the way the system is set up. My state will not pay the entire cost of a type rating, so I will be paying the difference myself. I am also morally opposed to paying for training that SW requires, but if this is an opportunity than I owe it to the family to take it. Even if it is only 1 in 5.

What would you rather I do? Take the 5,000 the state will give me this year and go to truck driving school.

Thanks for you concern, but you can now ******************** off!

Your return on investment fwould be better on a CDL, but I don't think J.B. Hunt will be by on the weeked for ice cream sundaes.

It is indeed unfortunate that either through bad luck or a poor choice of employer you are in this situation, but there are many options for $5k to further your income options besides a 737 type.

Latest resources

Back