Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stearmandriver said:
That's hilarious!

Obviously he didn't mean 'how to start the engine on an ERJ', but it's not like any idiot couldn't figure that out in ten seconds. I mean, when you want to turn on a light, you flip the switch to 'on'. When you want to start an engine (on this dumbed-down thing) you turn the knob to 'start'. Imagine that!

Funny, because I consider anyone flying a 50 seat jet for $20K a year idiotic.

I misread, appologized and tried to help out w/ the original poster's question. But I appreciate you reviving a week old thread to remind me of that mistake. Let me guess your a woman, right? :D

Take care all, even Stearmandriver.

What is it about an internet message forum that turns people so defensive? Or is it just that the internet attracts this sort of person in disproportionate numbers?

Dude, I made no personal attack, I was just chuckling at the fact that someone thought it would be wrong to share knowledge about operating an airplane. I mean, what's next, refusing to explain how to operate a Ryder truck to anyone named "Timothy"? C'mon...

Since you decided to bust out that unprovoked insult about flying a jet for $20 grand, all I'll say in defense is that I never have and never would. I was hired here at around that dollar amount... to fly a little turboprop. (That's not a slam on props, just an explanation of why the low probationary pay seemed a little more justifiable.) I make around four times that amount to fly the jet, and while it's still no where near fair pay (I was one of the ones that tried to change it, by voting 'no' on the current contract), it pays the bills ok for now.

Lighten up, Francis. Life is short, and responsibility is over-rated!
;)

:eek: That's insane! Right down to the ISIS... felt like I was at work. I can't believe people want that level of detail to play a computer game! Looks like the programmers did a great job though...

I'll sell you my 145 key for $1000. But only if you ask nicely and compliment me on my shoes.

Latest resources

Back