Starting a 145

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

er97ic

Is there anyone reading who has experience starting a 145 (just looking to do components for now)? If so, I would like to ask you some questions if you are willing. Feel free to PM me as well. Thanks.

T-REX said:
Sure thing Muhammad...can I get you a map of NYC also?

I'm sure you have good intentions, but no one should put out that info out on the net.

What are you talking about???? I think he means he wants to know more about repair stations and not the ERJ-145....

Hard to say. "Starting a 145" is pretty vague. Do you mean a Part 145 repair station? An Embraer 145? An Alfa Romeo 145 automatic gearbox? An HP PhotoSmart 145?

Ok, I see where specifics may have helped.....the truth of the matter is, I have pretty much done all of the research and have the plan, RSM, QM and Corporation ready to go. I just wanted to get some input from people who have gone through the process. Things like: How long did it take the FSDO to approve and certify you? Any potential pitfalls? Did you start a 145 from scratch (this is my situation) or did it evolve from an a+p shop? I could go on and on if there is anyone qualified to answer. I know it seems like allot and all very vague, but anything from an "insider" would help. If there is anyone who would be willing to answer theses questions and more, I would love to tap your brain. Thanks again.

T-REX said:
Sure thing Muhammad...can I get you a map of NYC also?

I'm sure you have good intentions, but no one should put out that info out on the net.
T-rex,
he was talking about the Part 145 operation. On the other hand, your comments are moronic to say the least, because that information is available on the 'Net as well. Looks like you have been pretty scared by Gonzales and Fox News..

FTI, I misinterpreted his initial question and I tried to point him in the right direction.

Just because its on the internet elsewhere, doesnt mean it should be discussed on a public forum.

...And yes I watch Fox News but just for the car chases and Laurie Dhue's legs.

Take care all.

That's hilarious!

Obviously he didn't mean 'how to start the engine on an ERJ', but it's not like any idiot couldn't figure that out in ten seconds. I mean, when you want to turn on a light, you flip the switch to 'on'. When you want to start an engine (on this dumbed-down thing) you turn the knob to 'start'. Imagine that!

Latest resources

Back