• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stand up to the TSA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's a slippery slope to a total police state and this new TSA proposal is just greasing the skids. When is this post 9/11 paranoia going to abate a little? We do not need another unreasonable government overreach that will affect our industry negatively! I for one will try to make one of those meetings.

There's never been problems on this side of the fence. TSA is a power hungry do-it-all wannabe agency wasting tax payers money. GA is fine at self-policing itself and its record attests to this.

As I wrote earlier on my company's message board...

I started my work week at Millionaire, ALB. Showing up at 6:45am, I was greeted by 5 of the TSA's best, throwing me the evil-eye the whole time. Finally, one of them blurted out a weak "good morning" to make the whole awkward situation feel ok.

It wasn't ok, it was awkward and it sucked.

The evil eye was probably more a jealous and envious one. These guys probably feel insecure about policing someone with a more rewarding and accomplished occupation then theirs. Typical of that intellect.

Here's the fix. Tell the FBOs to kick 'em out. That's private property. As far as ramp / baggage checks...tell me what reg restricts what I take on a private flight.

G'Day...Nice badge, wanna see mine?

As I wrote earlier on my company's message board...

I started my work week at Millionaire, ALB. Showing up at 6:45am, I was greeted by 5 of the TSA's best, throwing me the evil-eye the whole time. Finally, one of them blurted out a weak "good morning" to make the whole awkward situation feel ok.

It wasn't ok, it was awkward and it sucked.

I thought it only applied to aircraft over 12500lbs?

I thought it only applied to aircraft over 12500lbs?

It does.

TSA calls it the LASP (Large Aircraft Security Program). Since the definition of "Large" is over 12,500 (arbitrarily set yrs ago) it drags a lot of small operators in unnecessarily, making it logisitically impossible for them to comply in a profitable way. The matrix of requirements easily furnished at a larger op., will put smaller outfits quickly out of business.

Latest resources

Back