Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

105viking

john shaft
I'm very close to throwing down a deposit on the new SR-22. Looking for PIREPS on the new "glass cockpit," the BRS, and the flat spin issues. I think that the current wait is going to be about 6-7 months, so I would like to get the ball rolling ASAP.

Additionally, I am concerned with warranty issues on the airframe. I keep hearing stories about Cirrus aircraft having to receive repeated repairs, but I am hearing this from people who probably don't know.

If any of you have first-hand experience with this model, please share.

Thanks,
105'VIKING

Composite aircraft are exciting. They typically go around 30 knots faster on the same HP engine and on less gas than the traditional metal planes.

I don't have any experience with them, but I did read that the official and only approved spin recovery procedure for the Cirrus is to deploy the parachute immediately.

The SR-22 is what an aircraft should be in the 21 st century. I can't imagine why any one would pay money for a Piper or Cessna when they can buy a Cirrus for the same money. I only have a couple of hours in them but I was totally impressed. The two that I flew had the PFD/MFD with traffic and storm scope. When I got out I felt naked with out the traffic advisory system.

As far as the flat spin issue... I cannot imagine someone accidentally spinning a Cirrus. I put it into several aggressive stalls and the ailerons remained effective. Aileron deflections that would have spun a Cessna 172/182 and even some Pipers just resulted in a mushy banked turn.

It does land more like a twin but once you get used to that it should be a very easy plane to fly. And the side stick is effortless.

You'd think Cirrus would have researched

the name a little bit.

When I saw your thread listed as SR-22, I thought you were talking about the proof of insurance a DUI convicted driver needs...

Kind of an odd match...

http://www.dui.com/dmvinformation/SR22.html

I have over 600 hours in the SR-22 and hands down, it is the best value in the industry. I've flown it in all types of weather and is the easiest single pilot IFR aircraft you will ever fly.

Cirrus

If you want good answers from someone who knows everything about Cirrus aircraft go to this web site www.theflightacademy.com and E-mail Luke. He is very knowledgeable about the SR 22. The SR 22 is the easiest, safest IFR airplane you will ever fly.

I have also flown a few types of the cirrus sr20/22. I just recently flew the latest model 22 with the tkas and all glass cockpit with the pfd. I have flown the cirrus in all types of weather all over the country and have never been more comfortable and relaxed while flying in bad weather than I have been in a cirrus. I have trained 4 different guys in their cirrus and agree that you really really have to mess up bad to in order toget the cirrus to spin. it even rolls very nicely ;) I have talked with luke from The flight academy and he definetly knows the cirrus very well send him an e-mail and he will be able to answer any questions you have. Also there are many sr 22's without the tkas and pfd for sale wiht very low time for under 290k

So why is it that we don't see more Cirrus aircraft around? I maybe see 2 or 3 per year at the various airports that I frequent. I can't swing a dead cat without hitting a 172R or 172SP. The SP is only a little bit less than an SR-20, and from what I can tell is FAR less airplane. Why aren't people jumping on the Cirrus bandwagon more? Afraid of the unknown?

I think the reason more people aren't jumping on the Cirrus bandwagon may be insurance. I don't have any numbers but I know the insurance industry pretty much rules what plane you will fly when you want to buy.

I know for a fact that if I was in the market for a single in the 250-300k range, I for sure would not be buying a 172. And a full loaded SR-22 would be at the top of the list.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back