Spouse's Employment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Varmint and Overseas,

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate them. I will check out FlyDubai and report back. Hopefully the rules will change at Emirates, yet it is what it is.

Avrat

Varmint and Overseas,

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate them. I will check out FlyDubai and report back. Hopefully the rules will change at Emirates, yet it is what it is.

Avrat

May I recommend NetJets? Most of the furloughees won't come back, as they have found employment elsewhere, I think. The GIV furloughed guys all got really good jobs, apparently. We ought to begin hiring within the next year, I bet.

May I recommend NetJets? Most of the furloughees won't come back, as they have found employment elsewhere, I think. The GIV furloughed guys all got really good jobs, apparently. We ought to begin hiring within the next year, I bet.

Errr G4Dude - you do realize we have 495 pilots on furlough right? (most are not G rated) Even if only half come back, it will be many years before we start hiring again.

Having said that, I really hope your right and I'm wrong!

Last edited:
FYI

The applicant pool at EK is at its strongest in many years - over 1000 apps qualified for job. This is in stark contrast to one year ago. But with Spanair, Malev, AA furloughing & now World Airways/North American filing BK last night - it will become stronger. That said we need 600 this year so from a numerical perspective chances are fair/ good if you have heavy time.

It does not however bode well for light jet pilots ( no disrespect - I don't believe in that theory).

Re. Wife - mine works, no real issue getting job - the issue is pay, below western standards.

Good luck

fv

My wife is studying to be a chef, and before that she worked in crew scheduling for an airline. Anyone know of jobs that might be a fit?

Latest resources

Back