Spouse's Employment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tordude23

Those of you who are married, living in Doha or Dubai....

1. Do you live in Doha or Dubai?
2. Is your spouse employed?
3. What kind of employment does your spouse do?
4. Is finding employment for your spouse difficult?
5. Did you use an employment agency to find employment for your spouse? If so which agency would you recommend?
6. How much compensation is your spouse paid?
7. I've tried google to see what compensation we can expect for my spouse's professional field, but got little results. Where could I find compensation information for my spouse's prof. field?

1 Dubai
2 Yes
3 Flight Safety
4 Depends on the field but generally no if a professional occupation.
5 No
6 More than back home
7 Don't know.

Thanks overseas. My wife is Speech Therapist. I've been scouring the web extensively and found good information. Doha, as well as, Dubai is in desperate need of SLP's.

i have not heard what people have been saying about the "every day" aspects of life. I have lived for short periods of time overseas. Some of the things one realizes they miss are not mentioned.

1. Does anyone have a link to show an example of the family style villas they provide in Doha and Dubai?

2. What about English (American) movie theaters or what the Cable/Sat situation is? Is it attainable-how expensive is it?

3. If I could talk my wife into going, how expensive is it to get them home for extended vacations? Say a wife and 2-3 kids?

4. Do the villas have maid service?

5 anymore info on this sort of thing could be helpful

i have not heard what people have been saying about the "every day" aspects of life. I have lived for short periods of time overseas. Some of the things one realizes they miss are not mentioned.

1. Does anyone have a link to show an example of the family style villas they provide in Doha and Dubai?

2. What about English (American) movie theaters or what the Cable/Sat situation is? Is it attainable-how expensive is it?

3. If I could talk my wife into going, how expensive is it to get them home for extended vacations? Say a wife and 2-3 kids?

4. Do the villas have maid service?

5 anymore info on this sort of thing could be helpful

1. http://www.dsoa.ae/en/cedre-villas.jsp

2. Contrary to popular belief in the US, Dubai is very modern with SOME of the facilities topping what you will find in the US. Most of the same movies that are shown in the US are shown here in English but with Arabic subtitles. Satellite runs me about $60 per month for a good comprehensive mid-range package with discovery, history, fox news, cnn, and all the other decent channels.

3. Depends if they travel on standby or firm tickets if they go more than one time per year. You get one trip per year back to your annual leave destination free...that is a confirmed seat in business class but economy if you have kids under a certain age (not sure of the age). Other tickets you will have to pay for....standby roundtrip to most of the US $140/$380 (economy/business) and confirmed roundtrip $570/$1220 per ticket. Another option is ZED fares on other carriers out of Dubai which usually run around $400 round trip.

4. Two options for maid service. You can interview, hire, and sponsor a live-in maid or you can use a contract service to provide you with an hourly maid on a pre-arranged or call when you need them basis or they can also provide you with a live-in maid.

5. Ask away.

Overseas, who are you with. I am trying to get out of the US to do some flying. If you are at Emirates, whats competitive. I am a business aviation guy so I don't know how I will be perceived. No airline experience. Others have told me I wont even be looked at.

Thanks in advance,

Avrat

Overseas, who are you with. I am trying to get out of the US to do some flying. If you are at Emirates, whats competitive. I am a business aviation guy so I don't know how I will be perceived. No airline experience. Others have told me I wont even be looked at.

Thanks in advance,

Avrat

Avrat,

I was thinking about your situation. Have you looked into FlyDubai on their 737's?

av8tordude23-

With no disrespect intended to the authors of the helpful answers you have received, nor to this website, I think you will find more detailed information on Pprune, where there are a great many more Dubai based pilots.

Best of luck!

Avrat,
From what I understand they are taking guys who are at the current mins but all of those guys are airline experienced, it is my understanding that they aren't currently hiring biz jet guys.

It's a silly rule and may change in future.

If you wish to check out pprune please do, be aware there is a very vocal minority over there and it shows in the denigration of most posts these days.
Yes I'm at EK and been here long enough to know the ups and downs of EK and the UAE.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back