• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sport Pilot to Space Shuttle Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't there some sort of PFT program for the shuttle? Maybe you could buy 100 hours in their GII or something. Maybe NASA should look into that...

A friend of mine long ago wanted to apply and found out that the "jet" requirement specifically required jets with more than 3000 lbs of thrust per side. He told me this as we were chugging along in a Jet Commander, with 2950 lbs of thrust per side. True story!

some_dude said:
A friend of mine long ago wanted to apply and found out that the "jet" requirement specifically required jets with more than 3000 lbs of thrust per side. He told me this as we were chugging along in a Jet Commander, with 2950 lbs of thrust per side. True story!

There are some days when it really is better to just stay in bed.....

Don't worry you'll get in. I had a NASA interview last week, I was drunk at the interview and I walked into the HR part of the interview with my two handguns strapped to the side of my head, I was also nude.

I got the job but I think that mostly because of my massive amounts of SIC 172 time.

If you want the quick route to the moon, apply for Mesa's development program. They are currently shopping for used shuttles and are planning on underbidding NASA for the upcoming trips to the moon/space.

I hear Ken Ricci's got a new scheme to convert used Beechjets, Citations and Hawkers into "Space Planes" and sell shares for flights to the moon. OCC in CGF will become Mission Control Center. Maintenance base will be established near Tycho crater. Anthony will drive the Lunar Rover between moonport and Tycho base. Holiday Inn Tycho will be preferred hotel, staffed mostly by Russian chicks. Pilots will wear ugly ties outside of their space suits.

Latest resources

Back