• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spitfire low pass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sweet! Good thing the Spit pulled up at the last second, he would've cut the guys' head off!

What the hell?! He missed that guy's head by at least 5 feet! He should make another pass and open up the machine guns to finish the job.

The link didn't work, but I've had this for several months now, I think the guy laid his own "word curse" on himself when he said repeatedly after the low pass, "&#(% me."

I think the pilot had just done that so to be truthful, he should have said it in the past tense.

You can always tell a fighter pilot, but you can't tell them much.

It looks fake to me. Sure it can be done. But how the airplane appears from the right corner from an area that is not part of the original view... :eek: Plus to me it seems it takes a bit too long for the spit to arrive. My vote is that it is fake but I am no special effect expert either.

If it was fake, they sure paid attention to detail. The grass moved from the propwash and it was all proportional and timed with the aircraft. It's crazy enough that it might just be real.

Those Brits always like living on the edge, at least their pilots do! I believe it is for real...either way a real kick!

man!!

That spitfire was close to the ground, can't be a lot of air between the props and the ground there!!!

Amazing

PS, it looks pretty darn real to me. Gotta try that with my lear someday..

I don't see any reason why someone would go to the trouble of making that up. I watched that happen hundreds of times a day, every day, when I first started spraying. Flagging (I may be dating my activities, there), we would stand at the end of the field and wave a flat for the person doing the work to line up on. We would stand there until he was close enough, and then either duck down or move off to the side a wingspan.

We got used to an aircraft passing over like that every minute or so, all day. I have photographs snapped as I was falling backward on a dyke looking into the prop, up close and personal...glued in my logbook.

I did the same thing from the cockpit, too. I still do. Why would someone go to the trouble of falsifying a video of a low pass when it's just as easy to go fly it and film it, and be done with it? It's not exactly rocket science (more an art).

You can clearly see the spit pull as it reaches the reporter; his ducking makes it appear as though he needed to. He didn't. The spit was well clear of him when it passed over the reporter, and photographer.

Latest resources

Back