• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got a few buddies who work for Spirit. And from what I know about their situation,and believe me, it is not much, but as expected, nobody who is/was DTW based is very happy about having their base yanked out from underneath them. I really wanted to work for them last summer, THE OTHER HOMETOWN AIRLINE at DTW! So the base thing really disappointed me, as well, and I looked elsewhere.

And it sounds like their ongoing contract negotiations have not gone all that well, and the recent experiment of hiring the just-out-of-school Riddle grads is eating at all of the higher-time guys with the company (along with us outsiders and wannabes), but................

..................as upset as everyone wants to get, and many are justified in feeling that way, LONG-TERM, if Spirit does well, and grows into this hugely popular, ultra low cost success, and doubles in size over the next several years, along with preventing pilot turnover due to their unpopular hiring guidelines, while flying new buses......................EVIL Spirit management will be looked at like they are genius's.......books will be written about how they revolutionalized the "ultra low cost" model, TIME magazine will put BBB on the cover, and so on and so forth.......

Anyway, just thought I'd play a little devil's advocate. Spirit folk may be looked upon as pioneers 10 years from now.

FLAME AWAY

Go STATE

i feel your pain, i also live in DTW and was counting on that DTW base at spirit but now that it would take 2 years to hold i debating whether to go now or see what happens with negotiations

Maybe they are being smart and are getting tired of the FO's getting typed and running at the first chance...

I think youre right. I applied there 6 weeks ago with no turbine PIC time which seems to be the way to get in... Almost immediately my app was pulled off their site along with my login info... I think they saw my current job being a CRJ expat as a bad thing. They probably thought I was going to take the A320 type and bail out to make more money overseas. That wasnt my plan!

Latest resources

Back