Spirit to make Mandatory Recall for 5 pilots on Voluntary Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MadDog74

Management is preparing a bid that serves as a mandatory recall to the remaining 5 pilots that are on VOLUNTARY furlough. Apparently the management is looking to hire pilots, however, senior management is not able ot justify it with the remaining 5 pilots on voluntary. I was told that those letters will go out in mid October and that the pilots will be given 30 days additional leave from the date of letter. Roughly, pilotsw will be back by mid-November and look for hiring early Jan, 2006. I was told 50 - 150 numbers throughout 2006

MadDog74 said:
Roughly, pilotsw will be back by mid-November and look for hiring early Jan, 2006. I was told 50 - 150 numbers throughout 2006

Man, I wish that we could hire 150 pilots in 2006, BUT ..... the numbers just don't add up. The plan calls for a five unit gain in aircraft during that time. Five more aircraft do not require 150 additional pilots.

Besides, Ben Baldanza (the new COO) told a recurrent class earlier this week, that we would hire 35 to 40 next year.

The only way I can see us hiring more is if fuel prices decline enough to make the 80's profitable, AND our investors feel so good that they decide to buy more Airbii than they have currently ordered.

enigma

Latest resources

Back