Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just listened to the union phone call

According to the ALPA lawyer, the NMB member (Linda Puchala) was the person who helped put this deal together and gave each party what she considered a fair contract. Linda is a previous Union president and was one of the members on the NMB who voted to release Spirit into self help. She is currently labor friendly. http://www.nmb.gov/directory/dirboard.html

Even though we are in self help, it would only take one phone call from Linda to convince Obama to establish a Presidential Emergency Board which would stop us from striking (she was appointed by Obama). If we vote this TA down, it is possible we would be stopped from going on strike a second time. According to the ALPA lawyer, we might end up fighting for our contract in a court and it is possible a court would give us a worse contract due to the costs the company incurred from us going on strike.

In my opinion, ALPA national wants us to vote yes for this contract because they consider it a fair contract and it met all of their goals. More importantly, ALPA national doesn't want to lose favor with the NMB to release other ALPA airlines into self-help in the near future.

She gave each side this offer??? Huh, I didn't know we were in arbitration.....

In my opinion, if we vote no, we will be offered another TA. It will increase our W-2's. We will have an ESOP and will get 150% back.

She gave each side this offer??? Huh, I didn't know we were in arbitration.....

In my opinion, if we vote no, we will be offered another TA. It will increase our W-2's. We will have an ESOP and will get 150% back.

Yeah, ok, the super senior check airmen are worried and trying to scare everyone to protect their own. Just leave already.

And how's your schedule these days?

5 weeks on 3 weeks off in a different country. I would rather be here and stay on furlough than settle for a contract such as yours.

With these work rules it is a concessionary one in my opinion. This is no TA that one would strike for...

Just listened to the union phone call

According to the ALPA lawyer, the NMB member (Linda Puchala) was the person who helped put this deal together and gave each party what she considered a fair contract. Linda is a previous Union president and was one of the members on the NMB who voted to release Spirit into self help. She is currently labor friendly. http://www.nmb.gov/directory/dirboard.html

Even though we are in self help, it would only take one phone call from Linda to convince Obama to establish a Presidential Emergency Board which would stop us from striking (she was appointed by Obama). If we vote this TA down, it is possible we would be stopped from going on strike a second time. According to the ALPA lawyer, we might end up fighting for our contract in a court and it is possible a court would give us a worse contract due to the costs the company incurred from us going on strike.

In my opinion, ALPA national wants us to vote yes for this contract because they consider it a fair contract and it met all of their goals. More importantly, ALPA national doesn't want to lose favor with the NMB to release other ALPA airlines into self-help in the near future.

The above is so wrong and the poster needs a serious education on the workings of the RLA.

The only thing correct is that Obama can order a PEB. That's 30 days to appoint and supermediate with the parties, have the membership vote on the recommended TA and if it's turned down, another 30 days of cooling off.

After that, the Spirit pilots can strike again. The statement saying the contract will be decided in court is complete B.S. and dead wrong. The courts are done and out of the picture unless there is a violation of the RLA. If the Spirit pilots decide to turn down the PEB and strike, Obama cannot do a G-dam thing about it, the courts cannot do a G-dam thing about it, Spirit management cannot do a G-dam thing about it. The only group that can order the Spirit pilots back to work, and force a contract on them is the full United States Congress. Got a little news flash for you all, that's not going to happen with this Congress and a labor group the size of the Spirit pilots.

Everybody clear now?

The PEB process can be an emotional roller coaster and persuade the labor group to settle out of battle fatigue if they aren't prepared for it. That's what happen to the AA pilot's in 1997.

Section 25 is a JOKE in the new TA :(

:uzi:Vote NO !!!!!

Didn't you leave Spirit to go to United? A United captain tops out at 138 an hour with a crappy pref bidding system and no 4 days off. At DOS a Spirit Captain will top out at $151.67 and after 4 years will top out at $185.32

Not knocking United..but don't tell us to vote NO for a contract that puts our captains at 34% higher than the airline you went to.

I would also guarantee that the Spirit scheduling section is much better than United's scheduling section. Can you bid a conflict and get an extra 6 days off pay protected (our TA allows that), are you guaranteed 4 days off?, does your scheduling system allow you to convert a week of vacation into 3 weeks. I also love our new bid options and reserve system. Can United release you from reserve early into rest? (Our TA prohibits that). Can United junior assign you while you are at the airport (Our TA prohibits that). Do you guys have line bidding or pref bidding?

Honestly...I could go on and on...so tell me all the things you like in the United scheduling section that we don't have at Spirit.

Latest resources

Back