• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anything in there about 3-5% raise after the contract is admenable? To encourage them to settle the next contract? These companies are getting 10 years or more out of one contract. Needs to be something stating in the event the next contract is not signed into effect by 12 months after the admendable date then the pilots automatically get a 3-5% pay increase every year, until settled.??????

The retro was a joke....150% lose of open time, with the pay raise, you getting the same money you get now?????

No, none of that.....can you believe that....we didn't learn anything from the last 4 years. It's sad, but many people are for this thing....management is laughing at us...Hopefully 50% plus 1 of us have the ability to look at this ta without fear and see how bad it is...

Bet this passes by at least 65 to 35%. The pay scale increases through the span of the contract will put their senior captains to present senior major airline pay. The FO's will do likewise with present FO's with majors flying equal equipment. Especially 12 year FO's with majors wishing they had gone to Spirit to be a captain now with much better earning power than where they are now. Take a long look at this before you vote no. A few on this thread are dominating the "Vote No" agenda. I think the majority think differently. You have better work rules than most major's. That is always factored in to the total cost of pilots. Be smart!

I always have fought management when it warranted a fight. Pick your fights carefully.

yeh, pay is just one thing, but we have others that are bad....

-schedules upto 90 hours.
-reserve system that is "slick" for the company...there will be downgrades...
-no stock options WHEN IPO happens. That's gonna sting...
-no retroactive pay for 42 months of no raises.
-huge increases in PPO health plans.
-loss of our time and half for working on days off.
-monthly bid transitions changed to benefit company.

We gave so much, but got so little....very sad....hopefully 50% plus 1 will see this thing for what it is and vote NO...

Bubbers = MEC, VOTE NO!

I guess that means I am part of the MEC which I am not. I just have friends at my major airline that have 12 years and are FO's wishing they had gone to spirit. If you turn this down they may sweeten the offer so give it a shot. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Bubbers

Four days off between flight groupings, one calendar day off per week at domicile, not 24hrs which could be in Kingston for us, better overtime pay.

Four days off between flight groupings, one calendar day off per week at domicile, not 24hrs which could be in Kingston for us, better overtime pay.

Well, first off, the 4 days off between pairings has been used as an excuse to not get paid industry standard wages. It is complete BullSh-t!!!! It does not cost the company anything, if you think differently, you have been brainwashed. Show me on paper where it costs more...It's not like the lines are built to 20 hours below guarantee in order to accommodate the 4 days off.

I won't address the "one calendar day off per week in domicile" as a benefit, because I can't write and laugh at the same time.

and finally, the overtime pay will be gone if the TA passes...all work on days off will be at straight time.

In fact this TA allows for lines to built to 90 hours. That is the plan in order to need less pilots. Everyone will be working a lot more including reserves, due to the new reserve system that can slide your reserve time on a daily basis.

This place has schedules that have day trips and redyes in the same 6 day period. I have done these. These are the absolute worst abuse I have ever seen. It is all legal because they give minimum FAA rest and it doesn't violate the contract. You try working 4 day turns followed by 2 redeyes.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back