• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit orders 20 new 321's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you think about it tho there's not much difference after the doors close on a legacy flight and spirit other than you might have 2 inches more leg room. And a free coke and attitude from the dinosaurs in the cabin.

For some of us the roughly 3" less makes it essentially unflyable. I suppose if you're 5'4" it makes no difference. (Look at Seatguru for seat pitch info. A Spirit A320 features 28" seat pitch, every other major carrier has at least 31".) Next time you fly in coach, take a look at where your knees are. Now imagine the seat 3" closer.

I'm about the same height as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq0VOAbLAFw

(skip to about :40)

But not as tall as this guy:

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/tall-p...irlines-flight/story?id=12499695#.UchDlvmsiSo

I'm 6'3" and fit just fine...Sure a few extra inches would be fine with me but the pre-reclined seats on the 320 are actually great to sit behind. No chance of the seat being reclined into my laptop after I get cozy.

I'm 6'3" and fit just fine...Sure a few extra inches would be fine with me but the pre-reclined seats on the 320 are actually great to sit behind. No chance of the seat being reclined into my laptop after I get cozy.

I'm 6'1" and disagree. There's no way you can put your knees straight without bumping the seat. You have to rub knees with your neighbor. I do agree with the pre-reclines though. On United 320s it seems just as cramped but you have to deal with someone's noggin in your face too.

I'm 6'1" and disagree. There's no way you can put your knees straight without bumping the seat. You have to rub knees with your neighbor. I do agree with the pre-reclines though. On United 320s it seems just as cramped but you have to deal with someone's noggin in your face too.

Well, buy your neighbor a can of wine and things should work out fine... Don't be such an introvert! :laugh::D

I'm 6'2" and hung like a donkey in a Tijuana night club and those seats are tight Yikes.

im 5'9" and the seats in the cockpit are very comfy...plus the paychecks are fantabulous

im 5'9" and the seats in the cockpit are very comfy...plus the paychecks are fantabulous

Fantabulous? Your FO pay is lower in most years than JetBlue's E190 FO rates.... Much lower than our A320 FO rates.

And we ain't exactly the highest paid...

Fantabulous? Your FO pay is lower in most years than JetBlue's E190 FO rates.... Much lower than our A320 FO rates.

And we ain't exactly the highest paid...

If this was airlinepilotcentral you would have a bunch of spirit guys up your A-- for talk like that.

Latest resources

Back