Spirit negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dart

I wonder if we are going to have a pay scale for the A330/350. The table is full with other issues, but a wide body aircraft isn't as far fetched as it seems.

I'm not hearing much in the crew-room about this.

It's not yellow, the paint scheme is called "Hi-Liter", the others being "Platinum" and "Skittles".

Negotiations just started. ALPA has an LOA on the table for iPads. Looks like the pilots will reject. We're "standing up to the man"

What are you standing up to? Get your iPad, be responsible with it and be happy. :)

Yeah, lets vote on an LOA that saves the company millions and in return, we give them days off.

Last edited:
Spirit will go after cost savings where ever they can find it. In this case the cost savings from in domicile training are within reach with or without the LOA. Pilots easily scoring 90 to 100 credit hours in training months will soon be history. Losing that is already water under the bridge. With the LOA we get 5 above monthly guarantee vs 4 hours which may or may not be above guarantee, and the ability to do the DL at home. Its that simple.

Some guys argue that a no vote will send a powerful message to management and perhaps the negotiating commitee. To me that holds no water. Each voter will have to decide that one for themself.

Vote your conscience.

Last edited:
This is an excellent point. The Ipads are coming no matter what the vote.
Spirit will go after cost savings where ever they can find it. In this case the cost savings from in domicile training are within reach with or without the LOA. Pilots easily scoring 90 to 100 credit hours in training months will soon be history. Losing that is already water under the bridge. With the LOA we get 5 above monthly guarantee vs 4 hours which may or may not be above guarantee, and the ability to do the DL at home. Its that simple.

Some guys argue that a no vote will send a powerful message to management and perhaps the negotiating commitee. To me that holds no water. Each voter will have to decide that one for themself.

Vote your conscience.

Latest resources

Back