Spirit Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C425Driver

Does anyone know if Spirit is still interviewing? I checked their website and the job listing for pilots has been removed.

There's a newhire group currently in class, and another class starts next week.
The Airbus bids came out yesterday.

I don't know if they are continuing to interview, but the numbers add up for
continued hiring. Therefore, we will continue to interview.

BTW, the "numbers" are based on our aircraft orders. We currently fly thirty-odd MD-80's
have around 50 Airbii on order. Even with the Maddogs all gone, we still have a long term
need to staff about 20 aircraft. And, we have actually lost pilots in the recent past to
other carriers like Jetblue.

Good Luck,
enigma

Interviewing next week, calls have gone out already. Classes until the end of the year for now at least.

Spirit New Minimums

2500 Total Time Fixed Wing
750 Multi Engine
50 In Last 12 months
Air Carrier Flight Experience Turbojet Aircraft Preferred
Associate, or Bachelor degree preferred
Current ATP written required/certificate preferred
Current First Class Medical
Living near DTW or FLL a plus

FUN Airline, Good People Expanding..............................

Is Spirit still hiring into the MD-80 or can all new hires expect to be hired into the Bus.
When will the MD-80's be phased out. I don't know if I can make the transition back to gauges.

Flying Colors said:
Is Spirit still hiring into the MD-80 or can all new hires expect to be hired into the Bus.
When will the MD-80's be phased out. I don't know if I can make the transition back to gauges.
I seriously doubt that newhires will get the bus. The first bus bids will be awarded soon, then we'll know just how senior the airplane will go.

I have no inside info, but would guess that the -80's fate is largely dependent upon the price of fuel. If fuel drops, some of the newer 80's might stay a long time. If fuel stays high, they'll be gone asap. Don't forget to consider that the bus orders are spaced out over a five year period.

enigma

Mad Dog 80 said:
Spirit New Minimums

Living near DTW or FLL a plus
Just don't anyone build too many expectations of living at home. Spirit's history says that Spirit crew bases are not stable. They've not changed for a couple of years, so it's about time we shuffled the deck.

Actually, the previous is just a bad attitude on my part. However, I do expect that we will establish a new crew base in the future. Part of being on with an expanding/growing company is dealing with the instability due to said growth.

good luck,
enigma

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if interview calls are still going out or are they waiting for a while to call more interviewees?

JASP, congrats on the interview. Let us know how it goes.

C425Driver

Curious to see if anyone has recieved a call who interviewed last week...6/8-10. I know everyone is busy in the training department.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back