• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit DFW Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got a ticket to the aerocrew job fair at DFW for NK, what can I expect? Bring anything like logbook or just resume/LOR's? I did the online app just like xjhawk but I've been told that you most likely won't hear anything unless you go to a fair which is fine, for the first time I'm actually off for one. I've never been to one but sure would like a shot at Spirit.

Finally got the long app, question for those who've been here before...what is Flight Certificate Type? are they asking if I received my ATP (my last new certificate over a decade ago) in a Prop, Turboprop, or Turbojet (the three choices they list)? Since then I've flown a couple of jets. Never heard of it referred to as a Flight Certificate, usually it is a pilot certificate or is it referring to flight engineer which their next question addresses regarding the written exam?

I got DTW right out of training, I'm also a 2/3 hire.

Well done Ike, I knew you'd get away from the Regionals. Now, will you please help XJHawk, he deserves a good deal too.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I got a ticket to the aerocrew job fair at DFW for NK, what can I expect? Bring anything like logbook or just resume/LOR's? I did the online app just like xjhawk but I've been told that you most likely won't hear anything unless you go to a fair which is fine, for the first time I'm actually off for one. I've never been to one but sure would like a shot at Spirit.

No logbooks. Just hand in your resume to the recruiter. Don't think they'll take LORs at the job fair but you can offer them. Just a 5 min chat with the recruiter.

Some questions they might ask.

Tell me about yourself.
Other than growth, why do you want to work for spirit?
What would you bring to spirit?
Why should we hire you?
What have you heard about spirit in the media?
Would you leave spirit to work for delta?
What do you think about our bases?
What do you think about our product?
Do you know anyone at spirit?

Smile. Smiles are free. Friends flying friends.

Good luck.

Thank you for the great info trolleydriver! I'm really looking forward to going and hopefully getting the ball rolling to go fly there!

Hey guys anything new in Dfw? Guys still getting DFW out of training? How long to hold a line in Dfw? Is res going senior? Any days trips out of Dfw? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Hey guys anything new in Dfw? Guys still getting DFW out of training? How long to hold a line in Dfw? Is res going senior? Any days trips out of Dfw? Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Wow, there's a thread I haven't checked on, I got on with NK and love it! Guys aren't getting DFW right out of training but it's like a 2-3 month wait to get in if I had to guess. My sim partner just got it for March, not sure if he will get a line or reserve yet but he just dropped all his trips on his line at his base and picked up DFW trips this month anyways so in a way he got it a month earlier.

I got DTW which is what I wanted, did 1 month reserve and now I can hold a line. Reserve seems to be fairly senior here for FO's, I didn't mind it since I live in base but after being on permanent reserve the last 12+ years, it's a nice change of pace to know what I'm doing a month out.

They do have 6 lines of DFW day trips this month.

LAS is probably the longest wait for new FO's, then DFW, then probably ORD. DTW is easy to get, ACY is ok and FLL is easy too although I saw one guy have to wait a month for it, not sure if that was by his choice though.

Good luck!

It's taking longer to get DFW nowadays- about 3-4 months now. Guys hired in Sep are now getting DFW for Feb.

It's about 8-9 months to holding a relief line, 9-10 months to hold a line in DFW.

You can get a line at a different base (say FLL) and drop the trips if reserve coverage is green in your base, and then pick up in DFW. The danger is that there is no open time to pick up, which has been the case lately. There is no open time to be had - it is all gone after initial open time. I was surprised even in FEB there was lots of open time available, and all of it was picked up.

Stuff that does tend to show up in open time are usually 2-day trips, and redeyes.

Relief tends to go senior, before reserve.

If you live in base and don't want to fly, you can always bid relief/reserve. It sucks to be a commuter on reserve because you will spend a lot of time getting a hotel room in your base.

Newhires are getting DTW/ACY out of training now. with FLL/ORD being the next junior, DFW then LAS is the most senior FO base.

Only holding reserve for 6 months last year, then bidding relief (but able to hold a line) for 3 months, and 3 months of training, I flew 150hrs last year (most of that within 90 days of completing training (Apr-Jun) - 50 hrs of flying between Jul and Dec.)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back