• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit #) day cooling off period ...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have yet to meet anybody in our ranks that wants to strike. The point is that management refuses to negotiate the only way things are going to progress is with the threat of a strike. We are all aware of the consequences if we withhold our services, but the people that are reading into these rumors and perpetuating them need to use some common sense and look around. If people are going to cross and/or they hire outside the ranks to fill our positions, good for them. The working conditions will be deplorable and it will be humorous to watch the clusterf*ck ensue. (Granted the lack of a paycheck won't be so funny).

I have yet to meet anybody in our ranks that wants to strike.

Unless you are a 2%'r, and you obviously are not, then you want to strike. You and I were a part of the 98% who authorized the strike. You can't log on here with credibility, or without undermining the effort, and make the statement that none of us want to strike.

The point is that management refuses to negotiate the only way things are going to progress is with the threat of a strike.

I would counter, just to be the devils advocate, that threatening a strike well before an impasse in reached only serves to guarantee a strike. Why would the company negotiate when our strike position was forged in steel?

We are all aware of the consequences if we withhold our services, but the people that are reading into these rumors and perpetuating them need to use some common sense and look around. If people are going to cross and/or they hire outside the ranks to fill our positions, good for them.

My God man, look at what you wrote. You don't really say "good for them" to scabs, do you?

The working conditions will be deplorable and it will be humorous to watch the clusterf*ck ensue. (Granted the lack of a paycheck won't be so funny).

In case you missed the point I made at the beginning. Stop telling the world that Spirit pilots don't want to strike! How can you expect that the company will give us any respect when people are publicly saying that we don't want to do what we said we would do?

I have yet to meet anybody in our ranks that wants to strike. The point is that management refuses to negotiate the only way things are going to progress is with the threat of a strike. We are all aware of the consequences if we withhold our services, but the people that are reading into these rumors and perpetuating them need to use some common sense and look around. If people are going to cross and/or they hire outside the ranks to fill our positions, good for them. The working conditions will be deplorable and it will be humorous to watch the clusterf*ck ensue. (Granted the lack of a paycheck won't be so funny).

You haven't met me...I want to strike. If we will be the most disciplined pilots in the industry, we damn sure will be the best paid pilots in the industry (ok...best paid LCC pilots...).

As far as the hiring of SCABS my understanding is that our union folks have lookouts at all the training facilities with Airbus training and as of the end of last week there was no training for SCABS at Spirit anyway taking place. I would have to say that with the way the FAA has been laying the smack down there is no way they will approve a short training curriculum for airplanes or ground school.

Here is another thought...with all these new management types showing up they are here for one reason...IPO. Spirit had ZERO airline managers running an airline, BBB a marketing guy has no idea how to run an airline (on his own) the CFO just counts beans, MA...useless at best a mediocre safety guy, and no offense to PO and JC they just know Spirit stuff. These three guys were all brought in to have airline people run an airline, and the was to lure guys with good jobs at other airlines is with stock options and an IPO. And the way to get someone to underwrite an IPO is to have airline managers managing an airline.

We will get released and it will come down to the last seconds if not a day or two of walking...but they will settle and then they will settle the FA contract then have the IPO, late summer early fall.

Unless you are a 2%'r, and you obviously are not, then you want to strike. You and I were a part of the 98% who authorized the strike. You can't log on here with credibility, or without undermining the effort, and make the statement that none of us want to strike.

I would counter, just to be the devils advocate, that threatening a strike well before an impasse in reached only serves to guarantee a strike. Why would the company negotiate when our strike position was forged in steel?

My God man, look at what you wrote. You don't really say "good for them" to scabs, do you?

In case you missed the point I made at the beginning. Stop telling the world that Spirit pilots don't want to strike! How can you expect that the company will give us any respect when people are publicly saying that we don't want to do what we said we would do?

My post was made with a heavy dose of sarcasm. 98% of us are willing to walk to obtain a fair contract, don't think there are many of us that actually want to. Big difference in the meaning.

I would have to say that with the way the FAA has been laying the smack down there is no way they will approve a short training curriculum for airplanes or ground school.

This is correct. Apparently the company did inquire if they could run a short program which was met with a big NO! Need the full program. Good news for us.

This is correct. Apparently the company did inquire if they could run a short program which was met with a big NO! Need the full program. Good news for us.
How is that apparent? Where did that come from?

I do recall hearing that (from a union guy FH maybe), but it was asked in the context of recalling pilots and trying to speed up the process of getting them back on line...not for training scabs...and I seem to recall that was asked several months ago, like last fall when they brought a handful back.

Lets say they hire replacement workers, are there enough somewhat qualified 320 pilots who live in the FLL, DTW and ACY areas to staff this place? It's not like they will be able to jumpseat into work.

By "proffer" do you mean another negotiating offer from the company?

No.

A "proffer of arbitration" is an offer from the NMB that either or both sides may reject. On the other hand both sides may accept the offer in which case it is binding and becomes the new agreement. Once the proffer is rejected, the 30 day cooling off period begins, baring an Emergency Presidential Board (extremely unlikely in the case of Spirit).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_Labor_Act

http://www.ipapilot.org/media/rla.pdf

http://www.nmb.gov/mediation/faq-mediation.html

Latest resources

Back