• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Citrus531

As seen on their website...posted 8-25-05

Atlanta Has Spirit!
Spirit Airlines announces new daily non-stop service from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport beginning February 16, 2006. Spirit will also offer convenient connections to the Caribbean through its Fort Lauderdale hub. This new service to Fort Lauderdale in addition to being available for local traffic will give area residents convenient connections to many tropical destinations including:
  • Cancun, Mexico
  • Kingston, Jamaica
  • Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • Nassau, Bahamas
  • San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
"We are thrilled to bring our high-quality, low-fare service to travelers in the Atlanta area starting this February," said Barry Biffle, Chief Marketing Officer of Spirit Airlines. "Atlanta will be our 22nd city and a very strong addition to our route network. Atlanta is one of the largest markets in the country that we do not currently serve.”

Service

Spirit Airlines will offer the following daily service starting February 16, 2006: From Atlanta To

Depart
Arrive
Flight Number
Stops
Fort Lauderdale

7:30am
9:15am
Cancun, Mexico

11:50am
145/271
Kingston, Jamaica

1:10pm
145/417
Montego Bay, Jamaica

12:40pm
145/507
Nassau, Bahamas

11:55am
145/215
San Juan, Puerto Rico

2:10pm
145/259
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

2:10pm
145/705
To Atlanta From

Depart
Arrive
Flight Number
Stops
Fort Lauderdale

6:40pm
8:40pm
Cancun, Mexico

2:30pm
272/142
Kingston, Jamaica

3:00pm
710/142
Montego Bay, Jamaica

3:35pm
516/142
Nassau, Bahamas

4:35pm
214/142
San Juan, Puerto Rico

4:10pm
268/142

3:45pm
380/142

Fares

Listed below are sample one-way fares to/from Atlanta available on spiritair.com:

Destination

Lowest Coach Class
Lowest Walk-up
Lowest Business Class
Fort Lauderdale

$84*
$264*
$199*
Cancun, Mexico

$138*
$289*
$379*
Kingston, Jamaica

$199*
$289*
$379*
Montego Bay, Jamaica

$139*
$289*
$379*
Nassau, Bahamas

$189*
$289*
$379*
San Juan, Puerto Rico

$199*
$289*
$379*

$199*
$289*
$379*

* Fares must be booked on spiritair.com by 11:59PM EST on 9/7/05 for travel on/after 2/16/06. Fares reflect the spiritair.com discount. Fares are each way based on round-trip purchase, except Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale where fares may be purchased for one-way travel. Fares from Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale, Montego Bay, and Cancun are valid for travel Monday through Thursday only. Fares do not include (a) a segment tax of $3.20 per U.S. domestic flight segment of a passenger's itinerary: a flight segment is defined as one takeoff and landing; (b) up to $18 per round trip in local airport charges; and (c) September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 per enplanement originating at a U.S. airport, up to $5 per one way or $10 per round trip. Puerto Rico fares do not include government taxes and fees of $14.10 each way. International fares do not include Government taxes and fees up to $125 per round trip. Fares are subject to availability and may not be available on all flights on all days. Certain restrictions apply. For best results, please book early.

Let me guess, Hotlanta has very little LCC service to the islands, Mexico and South America.

It is becoming obvious that Spirit is in the process of transforming from a "cheap, non-stop ticket from DTW to Florida" airline into the "cheap ticket to the Caribbean" LCC.

I'm not fond of operating into the third world, and I consider much of the Caribbean to be third world, but if the company can make a living there, I'm all for it.

enigma

PS, we're jumpseater friendly:) if anyone from ATL needs to catch a few rays in San Juan.

Watch out Atlanta we be knocking!!!

What a threat with one flight a day. Time will tell. I do remember Jetblow getting the tar beat out of them there. Hopefully we dont have the same happen.

DoubleOverHead said:
Watch out Atlanta we be knocking!!!

What a threat with one flight a day. Time will tell. I do remember Jetblow getting the tar beat out of them there. Hopefully we dont have the same happen.

no beating for B6, just a statement to "Song". A/C were full, I have a feeling they will be back, and with a much bigger inventory.

Hey one flight...gotta start somewhere.....will be nice to see the A319's in the great paint scheme....i'm assuming over on D concourse with everyone else that shares gates...World, Vaction Express, Hooters, Midwest, Frontier, Independence, America West, FL and now Delta.....hmmm and they wonder why we(FL) have trouble getting gates...LOL

thanks for the positive reinforcement. I really like the paint too, its bold.

Enigma,

Where in South America do you go? I think you mean just the caribbean. As for that being considered "Third World", you have no idea. You should check out Maricabo VZ, or Tegucegulpa. You are still operating in a pretty good radar environment (for the most part) and pretty good english. It can get a lot worse.

Adios,

AA

AAflyer said:
It can get a lot worse.

Royer!

"Tower, are we cleared to land?"
"Royer, yew are cleared to do what-ever you please, sirs."

I wish they'd service ACY from Hartsfield. Then I could get my 'dogs from the Varsity and my cheesesteak from the White House in one trip.

AAflyer said:
Enigma,

Where in South America do you go? I think you mean just the caribbean. As for that being considered "Third World", you have no idea. You should check out Maricabo VZ, or Tegucegulpa. You are still operating in a pretty good radar environment (for the most part) and pretty good english. It can get a lot worse.

Adios,

AA

Lima Peru continues to come up in the "were going there next" rumor mill.

enigma

Latest resources

Back