Spirit Airlines???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Riddy

Anybody have info on Spirit? I know they're interviewing and I'm wondering how things are there(quality of life, schedules, pay, future plans, etc).

Spirit Interviewing?

Didn't know Spirit had started to interview. When did they start?

I spoke with a friend who works there a few weeks ago and he said that in jan. they brought back the last of the furloughed guys. He said maybe some hiring late spring early summer but thats just line rumor also the same thing about possible 737/airbus thats been going around for the last year. He dosent think the 737/airbus rumor will float b/c they don't have the cash and seem into the md-80 equipment even if the fuel hurts them. With fuel prices being low right now he thinks that they are not even looking to replace a/c only if the price goes up like last year. Also the EWR base is gone abd ACY is downsizing. More people going to DTW.

We are interviewing in March,the Airbus are suppose to be on the ramp by the end of the year.
Business is quite good and the load factors above normal.
The schedule is usually 1 or 2 legs a day ,very easy.
Our contract is due in 2/2003 and we should get a 50% pay raise.

Thanks for the info, Frenchy. I was supposed to be in the Oct. 1 class until 9-11. Looking foreward to getting called in the near future. Seems like a good place to hang your hat. Good luck to all!

spirit

(I'm a one year FO at Spirit:)

Great little company; good people and becoming a younger pilot group by the year; a younger employee group for that matter.
Atlantic city is closing in May except for the charter portion of the airline. They'll still fly one or two DC9's. Two remaining bases: DTW and FLL (Detroit and Ft Lauderdale) Contract amends this year; money the big issue.

Good present work rules: Plenty of lines with 17 and 18 days off, some with 19 off. You're always off for at least 4 days. That is the contract minimum. Easy flying: 1 or 2 legs. I have NEVER flown 3 legs in a day. FO's make 37/hr on a 72 gaurantee; upgrade in three years (post sept figure-approx)

Two more MD80's just arrived. Total of 30 now I think

No word about airplanes; all still rumor. This talk about on the property by year's end is false. The company must first resolve the pilot's contract which is up at year's end before they will commit to ANY airplane. They need to know their expenses. Plus, once they commit to an airplane, I'm told it takes about a year and a half for the order to begin arriving.

Pay scale for a 2nd year CA is $70 hr 72 hr guarantee
3rd " " $76 "
We are negotiating the new contract in 2/03 for 50% raise
and we will get it.

HEY FRENCHY, I LIVE IN MYRTLE BEACH AND I AM REALLY HOPING TO WORK FOR YOU GUYS ONE DAY. I SAW ON A THREAD ABOUT A WEEK AGO THAT THEY RAISED MINS TO 4500, YOU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THAT?

Latest resources

Back