Spend money, ask employees for theirs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tarzan

Why do these companies do this sort of garbage? They sit back and tell us how the company needs concessions or lower pay rates. While they are in the midst of this, they send a "race team" to drive a go cart. How much does that cost the company?

Or do I just not see the big picture?

The company must control the cash flow situation to lower costs. Part of that process is lowering pay to a certain productivity level. At the majors, there has been a huge productivity shift to high overhead regionals. This is the primary reason they have seen a pay cut. Extra cost items such as this are ways to advertise and also form business relations that otherwise would be difficult. i.e. I want to get a corporate contract for flights with Budwiser. "Oh they have a racing team too, lets go have a beer after the race." This is how a lot of deals are cut in business however unfair that may be to you.

If you are talking about Mini-Indy then I believe that is all done through donations from the people in the department sponsoring that "go-cart." Usually the company has no monitary input into such an event.

And it is for Charity......Are you sure you dont work for ASA with that atitude! ( last part is a joke )

Last edited:
And it is for Charity......Are you sure you dont work for ASA with that atitude! ( last part is a joke )

I don't know what you're talking about!!

Makes me feel better if it is a charity driven event. There are a few things that go down that makes me scratch my head and then I say repeatedly, "I don't see the big picture, I don't see the big picture........." Sometimes, it works, most of the time, it don't.

Latest resources

Back