• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Speculator's mocking the airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
odd this string became a corporate vs. airline flying arguement. The couple corporate guys on here seem to be pretty bitter against the airlines. Could it have anything to do with the fact that there are plenty of corporate pilots that WANTED to be airline pilots but I've never heard of an airline pilot that wished he could have gotten a corporate job? I mean what' s with the corporate guys bashing the airlines, how about to each his own? You guys come across as "I hope the airlines suffer because I have a corporate job!" The worst is the self obsorbed little tool box boasting about "flying around wasting fuel because speed and comfort are our business"

Granted I agree with your post, but unless you're a SWA pilot, we all may be wishing for those corporate jobs soon!

The worst is the self obsorbed little tool box boasting about "flying around wasting fuel because speed and comfort are our business"

Actually, at NJs, I like to think that we sell time.

These people have all the money they need, its time that NJs sells.

Last edited:
Granted I agree with your post, but unless you're a SWA pilot, we all may be wishing for those corporate jobs soon!

Actually, I'm don't mean to come across as bashing corp jobs. I've always felt some of the best jobs around are corporate (and some of the worst) it's just that I disagee with throwing stones at anyones gig.
While I agree that SWA has the best survivability of all of us, there will be others that survive and sadly some that may not. It's going to be an interesting next year or two, we are probably all going to be shocked at some of what goes down. It is not going to be boring!
Good luck to us all.

Is it suspicious that there is a massive sell off in oil today being that tomorrow is when the govt. is set to meat and move a bill through that would make the oil market more transparent? Speaker of the house stated the bill would be set to "go after the greedy speculators". Interesting? Hopefully it keeps going down.

Is it suspicious that there is a massive sell off in oil today being that tomorrow is when the govt. is set to meat and move a bill through that would make the oil market more transparent?

The move in price today had more to do with decreasing demand. When the price breaks its resistance level, look out below. Speculators will jump ship and ride the opposite direction. It's coming. Just too little, too late.

odd this string became a corporate vs. airline flying arguement. The couple corporate guys on here seem to be pretty bitter against the airlines. Could it have anything to do with the fact that there are plenty of corporate pilots that WANTED to be airline pilots but I've never heard of an airline pilot that wished he could have gotten a corporate job? I mean what' s with the corporate guys bashing the airlines, how about to each his own? You guys come across as "I hope the airlines suffer because I have a corporate job!" The worst is the self obsorbed little tool box boasting about "flying around wasting fuel because speed and comfort are our business"

Speaking for myself as a fractional pilot, I came from the airlines and have no desire to return. I still have a lot of friends on the 121 side of the industry (including one who is about to be furloughed) and do not wish anyone out of a job.

My problem is with airline managements looking for government welfare to keep their failing business models afloat. They play right into the Democratic hands in jumping on the band wagon to blame speculators when there is no hard evidence that speculation plays a significant role. First, it was the evil oil companies and their high profits. Now it is speculators. Next it will be something else.

They will never get around to blaming the inability to drill our own oil, which forces us to rely on foreign (for the most part) dictatorships for two reasons:

1. They like high oil prices because it reduces consumption, which is their goal based on a global warming worldview

2. They are, for the most part, anti-capitalist and anti-profit. By demonizing the market, they are able to increase regulation and maybe, eventually, nationalize the oil companies, something some Democrats are already talking about.

Is it suspicious that there is a massive sell off in oil today being that tomorrow is when the govt. is set to meat and move a bill through that would make the oil market more transparent? Speaker of the house stated the bill would be set to "go after the greedy speculators". Interesting? Hopefully it keeps going down.

The sell off today was a result of banks liquidating their oil positions....The banks need the liquidity right now....

Latest resources

Back