Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

celloman

Hey Guys,

A few weeks ago I lost my medical. The good new is that I will be able to get it back with a Special Issuance.

I am trying to figure out my work and financial situation.

What kind of time frame can I look at from the date I provide the FAA with all the paper work to it being approved?

If any of you have advice that might help could you please send me a PM?

Thanks in advance!

Remember if you carry a Special Issuance you must carry a copy of the Special Issuance letter with you every time you fly.

It all depends why you lost your medical, but I'd say plan on at least 2-3 months. If you're in a union, your union docs can really help out. If you're not, it may be wise to have the AOPA docs help you. It will cost you but will be worth it in the end.

It all depends on why you lost your medical. I have a good friend of mine who lost his medical to due a heart attack, and he is looking at at least 6-9 months, if he is lucky. What is the reason you lost your medical?

P.

I was diagnosed with type II diabetes.

After seeing the Docotor and talking with the AOPA medical staff I feel confident I will get my medical back.

There is a 60 day wait then I can reaply as long as I meet all the criteria.

My question is once the 60 days have passed and I submit my paperwork to the FAA in OKC how long does it take the FAA to actually look at your paper work and hear back?

Thanks,

PS I know a guy who had a heart attack and it took him a little over 6 months to get his back.

Virtual Flight Surgeons.

They helped me via ALPA Aeromedical with an issue I had back in 2007 (military medical disqualification); their expertise in working with the FAA on Special Issuances is Worth EVERY PENNY you will pay them....

Do you mind if i ask how old you are?

I was diagnosed with type II diabetes.

After seeing the Docotor and talking with the AOPA medical staff I feel confident I will get my medical back.

There is a 60 day wait then I can reaply as long as I meet all the criteria.

My question is once the 60 days have passed and I submit my paperwork to the FAA in OKC how long does it take the FAA to actually look at your paper work and hear back?

Thanks,

PS I know a guy who had a heart attack and it took him a little over 6 months to get his back.

Latest resources

Back