Speaking of cool pic(s)...

mudkow60

Total Time
'bit
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=489166

The helo I fly now, flying over my head.
This is an old but reliable bird, and I am happy to have had the chance to fly it.

Has anyone been to the bone-yard to see an a/c they have flown? I am curious to see my reaction when they retire the Sea King.

Last edited:

helimech

Total Time
Nope
not yet, but I've seen one in a ball of chewed up metal. Talk about a sad moment. just like losing a good friend. a lot of memories.

JimNtexas

Total Time
helimech said:
not yet, but I've seen one in a ball of chewed up metal. Talk about a sad moment. just like losing a good friend. a lot of memories.

I was just at DM where I saw my old airplanes. It was very emotional for me, much more so than I expected.

helimech

Total Time
Nope
hey Jimntexas, you flew F-111's? I think that is one of the most beautiful aircraft, it's size is just awesome. a lot of people think their ugly, but it just looks like it wants to kill something just by sitting on the ground.

Weasel Keeper

Phantom (Falcon) Phixer
Total Time
Zulu-5
Real acft go out in glory instead of retiring to the boneyard, like my F-4G made into a target drone and now a reef. ;) :D I used to be sad, but now glad some hotshot pilot dude now knows what it's like to shoot something down with missles and Miss Laura L (my F-4G) isn't sitting out in the desert knitting sweaters.

Great pic mudkow!

Last edited: