Space Shuttle....????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God Bless

What can even be said? God bless those wonderful people who forge ahead and continue to sacrifice for our space program.
Progress and Enlightenment come with so many risks.
These astronauts and scientists experienced things before their death that we can only dream of! I'm sure the Columbia crew would affirm that it is always worth the inherent risk. We can all relate it to our own type of flying!

Capt jim, that was very good. My father has "High Flight" on a wooden plaque. It always touches me. God Speed to the crew and my he be with their families.

The loss of the Challenger was the childhood moment I became intrested in the space program and aviation. I became obsessed with the program and consider myself an amateur space buff complete with FlightSaftey like posters of the shuttle cockpits etc. I went on to follow my dream and now sit left seat at a commuter airline.

The bravery of the men and women that ride the shuttle into space and back again is little understood as we Americans become conditioned to amazing things. These individuals are the very best of us and set an example for me and for all of us of what we can achieve when we decide that we can truly do the impossible.

May God Bless their souls. Support your Space Program. :(

From multiple news sources…

“Debris scattered over a very wide area”

“NOAA is still tracking debris visible to high altitude WX radar, will take hours to reach surface”

“Several fires reported on ground, houses and one apartment complex along the route of flight for orbiter”

“One injury reported near a small town east of Dallas, possibly unrelated”

“Prez on the way back to the WH”

“NASA News conference scheduled for 11:30 EST

“Flags now at half mast at the Cape”

“They are gone”

If you really want to send your blood pressure thru the roof, check out the web feed for Al Jazzera Arabic news channel.

Hippie

On January 28th, the anniversary of the Challenger accident, I was watching the NASA channel and the program had a tribute for the crew.

It was mentioned that since that accident, a family from north central Texas has sent a bouquet of roses to NASA mission control headquarters on every shuttle flight. Each bouquet had one white rose to represent the lost crew members of the Challenger, and a specific number of red roses to represent each of the crew members of the current flight.

I thought about that as the events of this morning unfolded and wondered at the many ironies in that story.

God bless the crew of STS107 and our nation. :(

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back