• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Soutwest Piot open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:laugh: ...funny how a thread can start with one topic and go waaaaaaaaaaaay off to somewhere else...like spelling.

Headfake14 said:
:laugh: ...funny how a thread can start with one topic and go waaaaaaaaaaaay off to somewhere else...like spelling.

[/Best Cliff Claven voice] "It's a little known fact that fully two-thirds of all Flightinfo threads start out with one topic, only to be quickly hijacked to one of the following: spelling, grammar, PFT, jumpseat wars, scabs, alter-egos, or General Lee." [/end Cliff Claven voice]

nightfr8er said:
I had a Southwest guy in my jump seat the other day, and mentioned that they have pilot open houses every now and then to get to know people and introduce them to the company. He didn't know when the next one might be. Anyone ever been to one or know when the next one might be? Anybody ever heard of these?

Not sure when SWA will have another open house at SWA HQs, but Higher Power Aviation and SWA's People Dept (specifically, Pilot Recruiting) have joint open houses around the country several times each year.

A few of the past locations have included Columbus, MS (near Columbus AFB), Norfolk, VA, & Pensacola, FL. These open houses are open to everyone, free to the public, but may require advanced resverations due to much smaller venues. HPA and SWA also attend the Air Inc. seminars but those aren't free as Kit Darby charges for admission. Plus you have to wear a suit to the Air Inc seminars. :(

My opinion, go to one of the joint HPA/SWA seminars if you're interesting in getting an interview at SWA, and/or a 737 type rating. Smaller venue, more personal contact, no suits, and various locations across the country several times a year.

I believe the next HPA/SWA open house may be in the Los Angeles area soon. You can contact Megan at Higher Power Aviation for more info. 1-800-JET-CREW.

http://www.jetcrew.com/

Yahtz

Yahtzee,

Thanks for the great info. I have talked to Higher Power already and gotten some good info, so I'll have to check with them on the next open house. The good news is that I live about a 1/2 mile from where their facility is. Thanks again.

(spell check complete!)

HalinTexas said:
I hate it when people say things like this. It demeans the profession.

Yeah, he thinks that it's not important, but I do. Mine was just inadvertent. I had just gotten done with a 13 hr duty day that included the ATL. Argghhh!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back