Soutwest Piot open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B-atch said:
God knows how important it is to be a good speller when conducting single engine approaches to low minima.....Give me a freeeeeeking break!!! Are you guys hiring scholars or pilots?

I hate it when people say things like this. It demeans the profession.

B-atch said:
God knows how important it is to be a good speller when conducting single engine approaches to low minima.....Give me a freeeeeeking break!!! Are you guys hiring scholars or pilots?
I hate being this guy... but here I go. It's not about spelling... it's about attention to detail. Granted, typing a quick post on a message board is not sending in a resume (although the possibility of having to suffer the wrath of the grammer police on here makes me proofread my posts twice) but attention to detail is important when flying that single engine approach to minima. Just ask those C-5 guys who left their aiplane in a field in Delaware a few months ago.

I don't know how much hiring you've done, but I've done a little for my Guard unit. You'd be surprised at the stuff that gets slid across the table. We know the deal... young pilots looking for a Guard job are shotgunning their resume to every ANG unit that will accept it. Remember to proofread and at least change the name of the unit in the letter to the right one.
Typical conversation at the New Jersey Air Guard hiring board:
"Hey Joe, I see here that you want to be a pilot for the 101st Air Refueling Wing... isn't that in Bangor, Maine."
So, in a nutshell, pilots don't need to know how to split an atom or build a rocket, but it'd be nice to not hand in a resume that says "Objective: Career Piot for Soutwest Airlines"

I'm done...

Last edited:
Southwest has just announced that it is officially discounting the word "pilot" to "piot". Southwest is doing market research in several cities beginning at Midway to determine the viability of this move. The author of this thread is actually ahead of the curve.

Southwest is making this change as part of a massive cost cutting measure to remain competitive once they have to pay for fuel derived from $100 a barrel oil.

Last edited:
Sluggo_63 said:
I hate being this guy... but here I go. It's not about spelling... it's about attention to detail. Granted, typing a quick post on a message board is not sending in a resume (although the possibility of having to suffer the wrath of the grammer police on here makes me proofread my posts twice) but attention to detail is important when flying that single engine approach to minima. Just ask those C-5 guys who left their aiplane in a field in Delaware a few months ago.

I'm done...

uh hmmm
:D

Malter1 said:
Southwest has just announced that it is officially discounting the word "pilot" to "piot". Southwest is doing market research in several cities beginning at Midway to determine the viability of this move. The author of this thread is actually ahead of the curve.

Southwest is making this change as part of a massive cost cutting measure to remain competitive once they have to pay for fuel derived from $100 a barrel oil.

omg thats too funny

Slloggo63 hit the nail on the head. It's not about spelling or any school type function but how you present yourself. I've done resume scanning and hiring panels before and believe me that s##t counts.
PS even this board has a spell check.

Originally Posted by Sluggo_63

I'm done...
five-alive said:

Now that is funny!

Latest resources

Back