Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flopgut said:
Ooooh, big angry red words. Scary.

I don't think it too soon to call it, we have a burgeoning class of egomaniacs at SWA. And at least one at CAL I think you've got the golden goose in, at least, a half nelson. You have no idea what you are talking about - utter flame bait.

If every SWA employee group (across the board) enjoyed the same percentage higher pay that SWA pilots have over legacy pilots, are you going to produce a cheaper block hour?
More ignorance - do you have any clue how much of a raise our FAs got? Which employees groups have taken pay freezes? Who has accepted deferred compensation?

You continue to smoke crack and call names, but it doesn't change the fact the the pilot cost per block hour at my airline is cheaper than at yours. I tried putting my key points in bold red so you might actually read them, but it is becoming ever more clear that your only purpose on this board is to bad mouth SWA and sow animosity in our ranks.

Flopgut said:
I don't think it too soon to call it, we have a burgeoning class of egomaniacs at SWA.

Based on talking to 3 FA's on the bus and reading this website you think you are qualified to pronounce judgement on 4500 people? Who is the egomaniac?

ivauir said:
Based on talking to 3 FA's on the bus and reading this website you think you are qualified to pronounce judgement on 4500 people? Who is the egomaniac?

More ignorance - do you have any clue how much of a raise our FAs got? Which employees groups have taken pay freezes? Who has accepted deferred compensation?

You continue to smoke crack and call names, but it doesn't change the fact the the pilot cost per block hour at my airline is cheaper than at yours. I tried putting my key points in bold red so you might actually read them, but it is becoming ever more clear that your only purpose on this board is to bad mouth SWA and sow animosity in our ranks.

-------------------------

Wait a sec, did I call someone a name in this thread? Oh I did, sorry. I meant egomaniac in a nice way. Just trying to get you riled up. The "golden goose in a half nelson" comment needed a smilie face after it. It was a little funny, right?

Look, I should probably thank you because I get a lot of motivation from you SWA folks. I use the board to gain insight and try to figure you out. I also do all the other things you suggested earlier, like writing a rep and calling ATC. The SAT thing is funny. We are forever being put behind SWA in SAT, AUS, and HOU. The favor you all enjoy is a real headwind for us. But we are working on changing that.

You've got animosity coming and I have nothing to do with it. There are a lot of SWA employees that feel they have contibuted who aren't getting a payday. You shouldn't have to hear that from me; My guess is that you already know it and just wish it were flame bait. (wish all you want) Couple that with what is obviously a change in the humility and demeanor of the pilots and the stage is set. I don't think its anyone's fault, it's just how things go in this economy.

OK, go ahead and computer yell at me in angry red again. Did I see you in the terminal the other day? Do you fly with a banjo?

Last edited:
What is it about SWA that makes you this way? One week we are bringing the industry down because we don't demand more pay, the next week we are making other employees made because we make too much (like the multimillionaire ops agent in SAT - I bet he is real mad). Now you are prentending to be an expert on labor relations at SWA? Gimme a break.

Face it, you are just looking for negative stuff to say about SWA. Reality not with standing you just make something up and run with it.

Flopgut said:
The favor you all enjoy is a real headwind for us. But we are working on changing that.
BS

You've got animosity coming and I have nothing to do with it. BS There are a lot of SWA employees that feel they have contibuted who aren't getting a payday. A 30% raise is not a payday? You have no idea what you are talking about.

OK, go ahead and computer yell at me in angry red again. Yelling doesn't do any good - you still don't seem to be reading it. But I will continue to challenge your untruths untill I get bored again. Did I see you in the terminal the other day? Do you fly with a banjo?

I doubt you saw me I don't do a lot of Texas flying ... and it is a guitar ;)

Flopgut,

I thoughts things were pretty good over at CAL. Why worry so much about SWA labor relations? I notice you have a bipolar thing going with SWA. One week your over it, the next week your drinking the SWAHATERAIDE. Your kind of creepy.

big_al said:
if it wasnt for the fuel hedges, SWA would be in the red.

Bid al,
That hedge rap is getting old, that is like saying SWA pays less for it's
pencils and they would have lost money if they paid the same as the
other airlines.
They took a big gamble with futures and won, get over it.

mdf,
i flew on SWA today and even got a "how are you doing " from the ramp guys!
We had a pretty blonde FO that looked 18 years old to me, flight 2768 from
Houston to Chicago.
PS, your open seating works twice as fast as assigned, people just will
not move when they know the seat is waiting for them.
Lots of "suits" on packed flights, you guys are a class act.
Keep up the good work.

mdf said:
Flopgut,

I thoughts things were pretty good over at CAL. Why worry so much about SWA labor relations? I notice you have a bipolar thing going with SWA. One week your over it, the next week your drinking the SWAHATERAIDE. Your kind of creepy.

Wait, I thought we were getting along great. What do you expect me to act like? My reality is disgruntled, overworked, hated-labor-lead-pipe-cruelty, and yours is REM's shiney-happy-people. I think we are getting along quite well considering.

Hey Race,

Thanks for the nice comments, glad your flight was nice.

Flop,

Got a chuckle out of the "Shiney Happy People" thing. I pegged you for a salty dog, but you must more of a whippersnapper, if you've heard of REM.

Flopgut said:
... and yours is REM's shiney-happy-people. I think we are getting along quite well considering.

LOL - OK, you win.

BTW I used to live(and fly) in South America - you guys always did great. Flying wise and customer service wise,

Is the No Bar still in Quito? What about Papillion? The Majic Bean used to have great eats.

Latest resources

Back