Southwest's Artful Approach

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pipejockey said:
Please tell me you're not serious! You're not at the "top of the heap" as you say, because your pilot group raised the bar. You are there because everyone else bar came crashing down to compete with the likes of the red bellied war machines, which is quite fitting because it seems they have indeed declared war on what WERE the best airlines to work for. You don't set the bar by bringing others down below you. You set the bar by RAISING it above what the best had, and you sir, are no where near what the best had 5 years ago. So to answer your question....You're dragging the industry down.

Now don't you go confusin' those ego-driven "sum-sa-britchas" with the facts now,young fella'......;) !!

PHXFLYR:cool:

DougsRule said:
Now I know the industry is changing when SWA guys are talking...shoud I say it...a Scope Clause!!!

Like that got you guys anywhere.....:rolleyes:

canyonblue said:
As soon as you can find where I made that quote, I will. I don't see ATA taking any of SWA's flying that we currently do. I am worried about possible whipsawing, like Pickle stated, being injected into either pilot group. Your ability to "read" into what I was posting is what prompted me to comment on your drinking. Or is it Southwest that you don't care for, so you take any chance to take some jabs. If so, please get that cleared by Mugs, and that other guy who quit SWA to go to AA, oh yea Big Slick. They seem to have the corner on the anti-SWA banter. And where is it that you work? :confused:

Just curious..... If your management team is as "pro employee" as you guys claim they are, then why in the world would you worry about "Herb":rolleyes: and the boys whipsawing one pilot group against the other???

Last edited:
Mugs said:
Really? Heck I've peaked in on this board since 1997. I have to say that of all the responses I have seen, the one I got when I evidently ticked off one of your "SWAPA Bro's" took the cake. That of course was being informed that I had been "reported" to the guy keeping "the list" of "SWA haters" and would be added to that list. Unbelievable. The thought of one of you guys furiously entering screen names to "the list" after an evening on Flightinfo is just hilarious. Unfortunately in your world, taking the opposite side of an argument involving SWA makes you a "hater." Between that and "the list", it is very cult-like behavior.

SWA and "cult-like behavior." That's an interesting concept. Care to expand on it a bit?

Mugs said:
Really? Heck I've peaked in on this board since 1997. I have to say that of all the responses I have seen, the one I got when I evidently ticked off one of your "SWAPA Bro's" took the cake. That of course was being informed that I had been "reported" to the guy keeping "the list" of "SWA haters" and would be added to that list. Unbelievable. The thought of one of you guys furiously entering screen names to "the list" after an evening on Flightinfo is just hilarious. Unfortunately in your world, taking the opposite side of an argument involving SWA makes you a "hater." Between that and "the list", it is very cult-like behavior.

Besides your paranoid status....We aren't all out to "get you". I love it when someone teaches me new things.

Taking the opposite side of an argument does not make you a hater. Not as far as I'm concerned. It only makes you look needlessly argumentative when you don't point out anything valid.

There was a guy in my C-130 unit like that. No matter what the conversation he would take the other side. We would set him up and see how long it would take him to argue. Guess he just loved the controversy.

PHXFLYR said:
Just curious..... If your management team is as "pro employee" as you guys claim they are, then why in the world would you worry about "Herb":rolleyes: and the boys whipsawing one pilot group against the other???

SWAPA isn't there to protect us from the company, it's there to protect us from each other.

PHXFLYR said:
Now don't you go confusin' those ego-driven "sum-sa-britches" with the facts now,young fella'......;) !!

SWA NEVER raised the bar in this industry, we just kept going along and everyone else fell below us. That is a fact, and I don't know of anyone who would refute that. But also with that being said, I don't know of any pilot group who refused to lower theirs and walked. You can continue to be like the mindless others who belong to a different cult, the I love Management Cult. They are the ones who keep listening to their leaders tell them how they must come down to Southwests pay, in order to compete. They are very good at deflecting blame away, and giving you an Axis of Evil from which to hate. I bet they are all just having a good laugh at your expense. Enjoy your autographed photo of Parker, he'd want it that way.

PHX Flyer - whats up with the multiple posts? You still sad about the PHX Suns?

Been away from the webboard for a few days( which isn't a bad thing..... ) and just trying to catch up. As far as the Suns go, I haven't been a fan since you guys became their "official" Airline;)

canyonblue said:
SWA NEVER raised the bar in this industry, we just kept going along and everyone else fell below us. That is a fact, and I don't know of anyone who would refute that. But also with that being said, I don't know of any pilot group who refused to lower theirs and walked. You can continue to be like the mindless others who belong to a different cult, the I love Management Cult. They are the ones who keep listening to their leaders tell them how they must come down to Southwests pay, in order to compete. They are very good at deflecting blame away, and giving you an Axis of Evil from which to hate. I bet they are all just having a good laugh at your expense. Enjoy your autographed photo of Parker, he'd want it that way.

And there we have it boys and girls, right out of the mouth of Flightinfo's
very own "Canyonblue" and I quote: "SWA NEVER raised the bar in this industry" Kinda speaks volumes,doesn't it? Enjoy the "Herb" blow-up doll, Canyon........

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back