Southwest's $10.2m fine

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrickTop

The hand slap recently given to Southwest Airlines following recent uncovering of a clearly collaborative evasion of safety mandates, is clear evidence of a less than professional relationship with Southwest Airlines senior management and the Federal Aviation Administration.The $10.2m fine is an mear insult to any person of resonable ecomomic competence, expecting them to feel justice in a case of this nature, or the FAA defining their severity of punishment for safety negligence of our nations traveling public. At that price for penalty it bluntly encourages more plausible neglect since in relation to Southwest's finacial status or any other carrier of "Major" stature, it's just good "economic" busniess to risk an unlikely accident in interest of long term economics. There is no better way of measuring or labeling this action imposed by the FAA, than a "feel good factor" to the general public and: An absolute insult to the price of punishment.

Brick:
The feds have always looked the other way at Southwest. It makes you wonder what else they were "shaking hands" on regarding the running of their operation?!

Thats why they have the best safety record then any other airline flying. I guess that was SWA's fault also. Grow up morons. You are a complete idiot if you think YOUR airline isnt or wasnt doing the same. BOO HOO.:bawling:

Last edited:
Thats why they have the best safety record then any other airline flying. I guess that was SWA's fault also. Grow up morons. You are a complete idiot if you think YOUR airline isnt or wasnt doing the same. BOO HOO.:bawling:

Must have touched a nerve! I was just reiterating what I read in the press.
Its pretty ironic that swa gets nailed with a $10 million fine for "buddying up" with the faa?!
It just makes you wonder what other "safety related" issues they're covering up!

Must've just gotten your SWA rejection letter,huh??
Maybe you could make a more cogent argument if you first learned to spell.....

Last edited:
Must have touched a nerve! I was just reiterating what I read in the press.

Uh-huh....and we all know how spot-on the media reporting is with aviation issues, right?

Its pretty ironic that swa gets nailed with a $10 million fine for "buddying up" with the faa?!
It just makes you wonder what other "safety related" issues they're covering up!

Yep, we're dangerous. Stay away. In fact I've been thinking about quitting a lot lately....while I'm still alive. Hey Brick, think you could walk my app in over there at Skywest?

SWA could buy the FAA quite a few plasma TVs and pizza with that kind of money....

SWA could buy the FAA quite a few plasma TVs and pizza with that kind of money....

Hey...those ATC guys work hard...we just like to...ummm..."reward" them for their efforts....on our behalf.

I hear the ATC "Beer and Burger" parties are fun...so I've been told.

What you guys are totally missing the consperacy!!!! This whole thing was drummed up so that we could make 20 mil off the American groundings...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back