• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest upgrade falls to 9 years 7 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I've got a lot to learn bein new and all...but what type of trips are you able to drop in elitt? I've put weekday trips, both 3 and 4 days, starting on a tues, with no PIN#, no cell to call, yet there they sit. I was told the weekday trips were the most desirable. Are the AM or PM's easiest to give away?

So HD gave you the low down on TTGA. Elitt is another animal for dropping a trip. You need the "net zero" to be positive to trade down what you have. If net zero is 3, you can trade two of your 3 day trips for one 3 day trip...and then trade back to one of your original trips if you want it back. There you go...dropped a trip into Elitt. The problem as an FO is net zero will seldom be a positive number. More often on the CA side. Hope that helps.

BTW, May (and the whole Summer) are very difficult periods to give trips away. Turns and high pay 2 days...maybe. 3 and 4 day trips? Very challenging.

Agreed. I've been trying to give away a pretty decent 4 day towards the end of May (Wed-Sat AM) or trade it to a 3 day with a start on the 23rd. No luck whatsoever. Net zero is 0, and there are no other 4 days in ELITT for the whole month (was thinking I would turn another 3 day into a 4 day and then really quickly swap that 4 day for a 3 day when ELITT went to +1)

Just trying to be off for the kiddo's last day of school.

No Bueno. :(

You don't have to do one trade and then another really quick. You can select multiple trips and trade simultaneously. Trade your 3 day and 4 day for a 4 day and a 3 day. Just use the ctrl key to select multiple trips. That's how you turn two trips into one if net zero is high enough.

Agreed. I've been trying to give away a pretty decent 4 day towards the end of May (Wed-Sat AM) or trade it to a 3 day with a start on the 23rd. No luck whatsoever. Net zero is 0, and there are no other 4 days in ELITT for the whole month (was thinking I would turn another 3 day into a 4 day and then really quickly swap that 4 day for a 3 day when ELITT went to +1)

Just trying to be off for the kiddo's last day of school.

No Bueno. :(
Also, one of the best ways to turn a 4-day to a three day, is the moment ELITT opens on the 25th. Highlight the 4 day and then attempt to trade it for a three day. Most times the message comes back that the trade will leave too many duty periods in ELITT. But, because there are so many transactions going on the net zero will momentarily rise to +1 as someone picks up a trip with more duty periods. You simply have to hit the process trade button at the right time and you will be able to trade a 4-day for a 3-day. Just keep attempting the trade until it goes through, then when you have the three day on your board, you can move it or trade it as needed. I dislike 4-days and am usually able to trade down to 3 in this fashion.

You don't have to do one trade and then another really quick. You can select multiple trips and trade simultaneously. Trade your 3 day and 4 day for a 4 day and a 3 day. Just use the ctrl key to select multiple trips. That's how you turn two trips into one if net zero is high enough.

I didn't realize you could do that. Thank you!

From an outsider looking in, how long would it take for a new hire to be able to hold MCO as an FO these days after the AirTran merger?
Ever?

See freightdog? Trading trips is easy, right?

Clear as mud.

Latest resources

Back