• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest to Newark!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's all you got? I sound like a girl?

You didn't refute even one of my points. The reason.. because you know its all true. The legacies don't care about their passengers, and it shows! (wasn't that an old Delta ad?)

Got news for you General, the domestic lines at Delta blow. I have buds over there that constantly complain about the non-productivity..its throughout the lines.

$300,000 for an FO at SW? Yea, it can be done. What you continue to not understand is the productivity we have. We don't have those ALPO imposed caps you have over there..

You see its about choices, you can fly as much or as little as you'd like. Want to spend alot of time at home? Bid down, but your high hourly rate is going to still bring in a nice paycheck (something you don't understand).

Want to get max pay? Drop your regular flying and pick up at 1.5 or 2.0X pay. The past two months I've been at 120+ credits, and thats not even working hard. I still have vacation coming up as well. That kind of credit puts me in the 140k per year range...and I'm a new hire!

Gotta go General, just finished my two legs today (got one tomorrow) and hitting the free happy hour. Enjoy your 750+ RJ's and the food in Gabon or wherever it is you overnight in Africa. Maybe it's best you don't go off the compound over there..not so safe. (Buds mentioned that too..)

All you can talk about is a landing? Pretty weak. You really don't have any arguements to stand on, and the more you post, the more that is evident.

This is all comparing apples to oranges anyway. We are in a different league, with different types of passengers. You guys have one fleet, doing multiple stops per day across the country. It is what you do. What makes you mad is that some people DON'T want to do what you do. You are paid well for the moment, but the lack of variety in plane types, trips, layovers, just doesn't make every pilot want to be a corndog. It is tough for you to admit it, but it is true. And, comparing employees? You don't have surly ones? All of yours are super nice? Come on now, only in your commercials. And you only have 2 legs today and 1 tomorrow? Gimme a break----I am calling a BS on that one. I would say VERY FEW of your trips are like that. And, you said what about DL's domestic schedules? DL has a variety of trips that make everyone fairly happy. One day turns, 2 days, 3 days, up to 12 days (and then 18 off). Africa, btw, is very junior. Your buds must be too, and if they don't like it they can bid something smaller and stay trapped in the States just like you. Again, if you don't like a particular plane or the trips for that plane, YOU CAN BID OFF. What a concept you don't understand. You are stuck forever flying in and out of ELP and ISP. Get used to it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I bet you your screen name that your pay will not equal ours in 2 yrs from today. Deal? Who's foolish? Back your sh!t up. No more General Lee if if the pay is not equal, no more Whataburger if it is! What do you say?

I go to work to rest. I don't care if my Coors is in LBB or SAN or TPA. I got 36 days off the last two months without using vacation. Vacation with my family in my own house every month. All the family outings, t-ball games and cook-outs that I can handle. Cool concept huh?

Bet me my what? My screen name? Ahhhh okay? First off, are you a 12 year FO at SWA? Which year are you? Then look at the payscales again. Are we equal? I do overtime etc too.

And you go to work to REST? Wrong airline choice then. Wow did you screw that up. Wouldn't you rather fly somewhere tropical in ONE leg and then have 24 hours on a beach outside the contiguous 48, like Hawaii or in the Caribbean? Oh, wait, you would rather work 6 legs to get to CRP so you can wade around in oily water.......???? No bet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Wow, what a load. And what coast would you be hugging GL ?? There is an area which is 120 all the way across so you don't always need to be 180 to Europe. And that ETOPS check...do you know what is on that ?? Which chip detector gets checked eastbound ?? Or is that a maintenance function like everyone else that has ETOPS? Do you check your own ETOPS alternate weather or do you just take the dispatchers word for that too. SATCOM oceanic clearance and position reports make oceanic flying a piece of cake these days, unless you don't have those tools. It used to be something to go international...now not so much. Oh yea, sundaes over Iceland....really ?, maybe you were blue spruce because something was broken...

Former International Supplemental Driver

Not every plane has CPDLC. And when you don't have the APU, you can't fly on a regular track that has been set up for everyone else, which means MORE money being used to fly a random route closer to a shore (KEF, etc). It may be more favorable to fly on a seperate track, but you can't when you don't have that APU. That is why it RARELY happens. Get it? Did you fly with a lot of broken planes when you were flying your "INTL Supplemental??" That's just great for you. Were you flying Rich International DC8s? I bet you were...... Must have been FUN....???? And honestly, the sudaes are great.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
And you go to work to REST? Wrong airline choice then. Wow did you screw that up. Wouldn't you rather fly somewhere tropical in ONE leg and then have 24 hours on a beach outside the contiguous 48, like Hawaii or in the Caribbean? Oh, wait, you would rather work 6 legs to get to CRP so you can wade around in oily water.......???? No bet.

Bye Bye--General Lee

How many days have you spent as a line pilot at SWA? Commenting on our QOL is the same as a Private Pilot on CNN commenting on an airline crash. You don't know your ass from you elbow.

24 hrs on a beach? Waste of a day. Between screwing with your body clock and melanoma from your Tropical trips, the age 65 rule should not be a problem for you. Fly a highly efficient trip and have those 24 at home, yes.

Have not flown more than 3 legs in one day since May.

How many days have you spent as a line pilot at SWA? Commenting on our QOL is the same as a Private Pilot on CNN commenting on an airline crash. You don't know your ass from you elbow.

24 hrs on a beach? Waste of a day. Between screwing with your body clock and melanoma from your Tropical trips, the age 65 rule should not be a problem for you. Fly a highly efficient trip and have those 24 at home, yes.

Have not flown more than 3 legs in one day since May.

Sorry but i would rather be on a tropical beach for 24 hours than in any Texas Podunk town! Gen lee wins on that one. I have been flying my e145 for years now and am Very bored. There is no way i Want to fly one plane for the rest of my career. Boring!

Last edited:
So, I've wasted a few minutes on this thread and the one thing I get from it is that Gen Lee seems to be a gigantic, egotistical flaming dooshbag who really, really hates SWA and really, really loves DL international flying because it's just soooo cool and feeds his huge ego. Does that about cover it?

Gen Lee, we get it. You don't like SWA. You can't understand why someone might actually like flying for SWA. You think that every pilot out there should be as cool as you and fly DL international stuff. Fine. But for pete's sake, can't you just leave it alone already? Stop hijacking each and every SWA thread and turning into a ELP/LBB bashfest. You keep regurgitating the same tired crap over and over and over and over and over again... it just makes you look pathetic and ridiculous.

For the millionth time, please stop feeding the troll, people.

Just had a jumpseater that worked at ATA for many, many years before ATA's shutdown. He said he tought the Long Range Nav and ETOPS class. He said that due to Delta's unusually high number of track busts, and ATA's zero track busts, that Delta had ATA teach them the proper way to cross the pond.

All true. Delta sent a couple of their training department guys to IND to audit an ATA Nav School class back around 2000. ATA had a nearly zero GNE rate using INS and VLF/Omega equipment, while Delta could be seen on a frequent basis leaving contrails about 30 degrees off the NAT tracks.

You guys are working too hard. You can't get lost between Dallas and Lubbock. Point her west on a section line for an hour and land. Well, land after flailing to get down cause were too busy goofing off - but I digress.

Gup

Yeah, but who's watch is bigger???

Latest resources

Back